prabbhopal

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to the world of home theatre and also new to AVforums.

I've just purchased the following:
Q Acoustics 7000i slim 5.1
Denon AVR2500

I'd like to make this a 5.1.2 setup by adding two ceiling speakers above the listening position.

As part of the deal I got I was given two extra satellite speakers, so I could sell those to fund the Atmos speakers (I don't have room for 7.1 anyways) and maybe add a bit more money in.

So could anyone recommend a pair of ceiling speakers that would sound good for Atmos with the setup I currently have, let's say with a budget of around £250 - £300ish?

Thanks.

dali phantom e-50 in ceiling speaker £258 a pair, supurb for atmos. i have the larger e-80 and love them. all my other speakers are MK but these fit in fine

dali phantom e-50 in ceiling speaker £258 a pair, supurb for atmos. i have the larger e-80 and love them. all my other speakers are MK but these fit in fine

Thanks for the recommendation John, I will definitely check these out. Do you know of any other alternatives as well?

Are you able to advise on fire hoods hoods and if I'd need to purchase any special speaker cable? (as the cable would have to run behind a wall and into the ceiling.)

You could always go for the Dali E60, which has been reduced from £339 to £199 a pair at Richersounds. This is the next model up from the E50 but is currently cheaper. I bought a pair before Christmas but haven't got round to fitting them yet.

DALI PHANTOM E60 (White)

monitor audio c165 at £230 a pair also a good speaker. As well as the deal shown by yehbaby above. fire hoods, a good question. I personally do not have them above my in ceiling speakers but that is not to say its not a good idea, up to the individual. As for speaker cable again this is a very spoken about subject, i personally use QED silver anniversary cable which has plenty of copper strands and a thick shielding but not expensive. do not pay a lot of money for cable!

Last edited:
Thanks to both of you for your help. I also noticed the deal on the E60 pair yesterday so that might just be what I go for.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom