• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Atmos Angle...

Kenvet

Good afternoon, all..
I’ve just splashed out (!) on Richer special, and grabbed two pairs of JBL Control One (for just over a hundred quid👍) to try out as ceiling mounted atmos above 5 XTZ base speakers. I’m wired as Dolby advise with speakers on ceiling in line with front L & R, and about 45deg in front and behind MLP...
I’m sure I can play around, but could any of you who are already there advise on whether the speakers would be best pointing 1) straight down, 2) angled ‘along’ line of speakers by about 45deg to level of MLP, 3) angled straight towards midline of room, or 4) pointed at MLP (if you see what I mean!!)? ie straight down, angled in one plane or in both planes...
I guess trial and error is an option, but would welcome thoughts..:!
Ken

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Ideally you want to be aiming the speakers as close to the MLP as you can.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom