ATMOS 5.2.4 : Advice req on speakers positions

GianniBini

Novice Member
Reaction score
Dear all

I would like to upgrade my 5.2 to an ATMOS 5.2.4, and therefore I was thinking about buying the TRIANGLE Secret EMT7 (4x).

Here below my configuration :

Ampli Marantz SR7015
FRONT KLIPSCH RP-280F
CENTER KLIPSCH RP-504C
SURROUND KLIPSCH RP 600-M (1m10 / 43" high)
Ceiling at 2.23m (78")

Below the plans (in meters sorry) :

Plan

Cut

Is the configuration good ? Should I put the "FRONT HEIGHT" near the screen ?

I am very confused by the DOLBY and MARANTZ recommendations, that are slightly different.

DOLBY

MARANTZ

Thanks in advance for your kind replies.
Gianni

As Atmos or people usage of how it works in their rooms changes. You'll understand that the absolute measurements can and being bent a little without any real concerns regarding compromise.

The best advice I can give is ensure you are somewhere close so the speakers create the right effect. So, if you are sat in the middle of the room, then so long as the width together with the front and rears can create a box of sound height up around the MLP's, then you should be able

I would suggest moving the front Atmos speakers more towards the front of the settee so they would be more in line with your feet when sat. As for the rear surrounds, This could be out of necessity, but if I was to question anything about the speakers location, these a little close and I would suggest moving them further away (at least a foot or two to the rear of the rear atmos speakers) to create a more focused experience. But, as I've said I suspect this is out of necessity and not design

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom