• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Atmos 5.1.4 with Denon AVR X-2600h

Andrew Buten

Novice Member
Hi Guys,

Can you please advise me on the following.
I have a Denon AVR X-2600H . I am currently running a 5.0.2 set up , two atmos speakers but no sub. I would love to add an extra two Atmos speakers. As far as I understand , I would need to buy an external amp to run the two extra speakers and then play both zone 1 and 2 at the same time. Is this correct? If so what type of amp would you recommend .
Speaker wise I have two floor standing Mission M34i ( saving to upgrade to Monitor Audio Silver 200) a Monitor bronze c150 center and two Bentley acoustic rears- a local brand. Would it be better to get an amp to run the fronts vs an amp to run the extra two Atmos speakers. What are your thoughts Many thanks for your help Andrew

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
As far as I can see your AVR isn't capable of that as it doesn't have the pre-out ability to enable extra channels unlike the AVRX-3600 which is a 9-channel amp with an 11-channel pre-out.

gibbsy

The X2600 is limited to a maximum of seven speakers in a 7.1 or 5.1.2 configuration. You would need the next amp in the Denon line up, the X3600 which does nine channels out of the box.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom