• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Atlona AT-Line Pro2 upscaler....

advido

Established Member
...just purchased one of these on eBay (for a very good price).....

Still waiting for it to arrive (should be tomorrow...)

Has anyone used one of these or got any comments as to how good they work.... (convert and upscale) ?

I simply want to upscale the output from a dedicated PC linked to the web so it 'might' improve some of the iPlayer and other stuff... Also running a couple of USB external 2tb WD My book HDD's with all my ISO's and MKV's...

I see it's got an HDMI 'input' can that be linked to a SKY-HD box hdmi out and then back into my TV hdmi ?

Is it worth doing....??

I'm just going to 'play ' with it for a while -
- if it's not that good i'll just put it back on eBay....

advido

Established Member
...this item arrived a week or so ago and I was expecting SO much from it.... all I want to do is upscale the VGA (d-sub) output on my PC to give an improved picture going into my 42" LCD Television......

ON setting it up (VGA/upscale and convert - going into TV HDMI) If anything it was WORSE than the existing VGA to VGA that I has used previously....

Totally and bitterly disappointed....

Got rid of it.... and had a re-think......

I decided to buy a graphics card for the PC with DVI and HDMI out ....

Installed it in my PC set it up for screen /size / aspect ratio ect. - into my TV's HDMI ...

AND

Amazing ---- can't believe the improvement.... BBC iPlayer now totally transformed - almost like looking at 'normal' TV .. not quite as sharp... but the improvement is fantastic...

So -- converter / scalers - no matter how much they cost are not always the way to go.....

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom