1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

atlanticdvd.com.au

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Squirrel God, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Received my first orders from these guys today. They took 4 days to arrive (2 working days) and were well packaged (tough international posting bag, with DVDs wrapped in bubble wrap inside) so am mightily impressed with that aspect. As some of you know, they had an unusual procedure for first-time international customers but I won't have to go through this minor delay again.

I emailed their customer service team and received a prompt and helpful reply so am so far very happy with that aspect as well.

Some of their DVDs are cheaper than EzyDVD (postage charges are the same), so they seem to be a good R4 alternative so far. I will definitely be using them again. :)

http://www.atlanticdvd.com.au/

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    another one to try in that part of the world is of course devoted.com.au .......but im sure you knew that! Apart from my bank account seeming to have mysteriously dried out, they would be my R4 supplier

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I know about devoted.com.au, but I didn't like the look of their web site or their complicated tiered postal charges. They didn't seem any cheaper than Atlantic or EzyDVD either. Plus I love EzyDVD - my 2nd favourite DVD supplier :)

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've always bought all my R4 DVD's from AtlanticDVD as they have great customer service and range of titles. I've yet to try EzyDVD, despite the good comments they receive on here but I don't feel the need to as AtlanticDVD continue to serve me well :).

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Groundy,

I hear you loud and clear but you really should check out EzyDVD. You'd still get great customer service and you'd probably save yourself a few bob on some of the DVDs as well :)

6. jmcr100

jmcr100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks to Squirrel God I checked these guys out yesterday and they have the Back to the Future Trilogy on DVD for $10 cheaper than by Ezydvd!!! With postage it comes to still less than the advertised price by Ezydvd. I have ordered it straight away and will let you know when they're delivered.
    I've also ordered form Ezydvd in the past and had no problems but isn't it nice to be able to compare prices in a country were the dvds are already so cheap!!

God bless the Australian dollar!!!

7. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why didn't you order the R4 Back to the Future from CD-WOW.com for £17.99 :confused:

8. jmcr100

jmcr100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    :eek: ERRMMM!! I didn't know about CD-WOW. I'll check their site because I haven't heard of them before. Are they reliable???

By the way, I didn't have to go through the credit card thing when I placed my first order. Received the email confirming my order but nothing about emailing them about an amount on my credit card. Have they changed it already????

Thanks for the info, anyway Squirrel God!!

9. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would I recommend a bogus supplier to you??? ;)

Search the forum. Everyone loves them. They're my favourite. :D

www.cd-wow.com

That's how it worked with me. Then after a few days, when you're beginning to wonder why they haven't shipped your DVDs yet, you'll get an email asking you to go through the whole credit card verification process :D

Having said that, now would be the time to cancel that overpriced Back to the Future order you just made ;) :D

10. jmcr100

jmcr100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have cancelled my order with Atlantic dvd and re-ordered it by CD-WOW!!!

Cheers Squirrel God!!

You saved me a few quid!!!

11. jmcr100

jmcr100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Well, you were right!!!

Got an email telling me that before they would send any orders I have to go through what Squirrel God went through - I find this they strange because they already asked for the verification code on the credit card which is unique I think.
    And why send the email when my orders ready to go!!! Send it when I order it or register for the first time and let me get it sorted there and then and not when I'm waiting for them to be sent. If I had to wait until I receive my credit card statement to see how much they debited from my card before they send the order I could be waiting over a month for the dvds.

Now I know security is important but there's a limit!!!

12. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well luckily I have access to my credit card account on-line so I just had to keep checking it every day until it came through. If you don't, then just ring up your credit card company after a week and see if it's through yet (took about a week in my case I think).

It is a hassle, but it's worth doing though I think. I've already saved meself a few bob on some Region 4s :)