1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI driver surprise

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Muf, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Muf

Muf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Last night I downloaded and installed the latest (Jan 17) ATI Radeon driver and to my surprise it solved a problem which I have had with all the ATI drivers up to now. I use my HTPC mainly for HDTV and so I have hardware acceleration enabled in the registry for my InterVideo decoder. I never managed to get any software decoder to display interlaced video properly, they always seem to deinterlace one field and discard the other field. This is why I use the hardware acceleration, both fields are displayed properly. But there was a small niggling problem: sometimes the picture would jitter in a vertical direction by about one line as if the decoder could not decide whether it was displaying the odd or even field. This was not very noniceable on my PJ but was very noticeable on my CRT monitor. The good news is that the new driver has cured the jitter, the picture is now pure beautiful.

Jim