1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI Catalyst 5.8 Drivers

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Duffers0, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Duffers0

Duffers0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody else notice a change of TV quality after upgrading these drivers :eek:

I have a 9800SE AIW card so plug Sky multiroom into PC using S video, via breakout box.

Since the driver upgrade the Tv picture is far worst.

More graininess, jaggies, and text on screen ie sky programme banner really lacking definition.

But most noticeable is the on screen motion. Hard to describe but looks like a frame rate change. Gone is the smooth video quality replaced with that film like motion.

i guess you are all saying, roll back to old drivers but game paying has improved, so cant have the best of both worlds.

Anybody else noticed anything similiar or better still some guidance on tweaking the Catalyst driver Console that might help TV quality.
    :lease:

2. deksawyer

deksawyer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Yes, I've noticed the frame rate change, esp. on channel 5 for some reason.

I was using 5.4 drivers before 'upgrading' to 5.8. This is via a Nova-T out through a Radeon 9200 to my TV using a VGA-SCART cable.

I'm also having random lockups, no set pattern at all. Maybe time for a re-format!

D.