ATI All in Wonder 128 - 16:9

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by frog, Jun 28, 2003.

1. frog

frog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Folks, I'm new to this HCPC lark and have put something together, now I have come to a dead end.

I have an ATI all in wonder 128 and a sony projector (VPL-HS1) which is 800x600.

My projection screen is 16x9 though, so when I use the computer with the projector, a third of the picture overspills above and below the screen, no good.

Can I get this card to run 800x438 or 1024x576 using powerstrip, I have tried and it's not playing ball. It could also be that the card and powerstring are doing what I am asking of them and the projector is scaling back to 800x600.

Am I missing something, or do I need to upgrade to a newer Radeon card (saw Hercules 7000 going relatively cheap).
    FYI I am only interested in movies/mp3s.

Any help much appreciated.
    Frog

2. gab2001uk

gab2001uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have an older ATI AIW, which will not work with powerstrip.
    I now use a Radeon 7500, and it does work with powerstrip, but I have not needed to use it as this card and WinXP give me the native resolution of my 16:9 plasma (852 X 480)

3. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    How do you set these resolutions in XP? I'm using the TV out on a 9200 displaying on a Sony 32" Widescreen.