• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ATI 565V, is it any good?

Spudhead

Hey guys, well been in the market for a long time now looking for a new laptop. Seem to have finally found the perfect one.

Dell XPS 16, I dont want my new laptop primarily for gaming, but having a kick ass GPU will definetly come in handy when I do decide to play games on it.

The reason I picked the XPS 16 was because of high performance components plus NO numberpad, which I hate, because then touchpad is off centered making it awkward to scroll.

Ive picked the model with the i7 820qm and 4gb of ram. Dell have rediculous prices if you wanted to upgrade the ram, an extra £160 to add 2gb! They give no option to upgrade the gpu on this model however unfortunately.

So before I put in an order just wondering if anyone knew how good the gpu was? .. google seems to tell me nothing thus' far.

Many thanks,
Spudhead

Spudhead

Damn, that really sucks, it also seems that on the same laptop in the US, customers could choose to have a 4870 :eek:

Why wont they do that over here or something, or the GT435m like they do with the xps 17.

Spudhead

Nobody else owns this laptop then Im presuming? Or this GPU?

*Le sigh*

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom