ATi 3650 Dual DVI to Sony VW12HT

mightyox

Standard Member
Hi All

I am currently trying to configure my Custom Media Center PC to work with my Samsung 26" LCD TV and my Sony 12HT projector

I have an ATI 3650 Graphics card with 2x DVI out.

I have successfully connected my Samsung LCD TV via a DVi-HDMI cable works great and video quality is excellent.

My main problem is how to connect my projector utilising the second DVI port on the Gfx card. I bought the card under the impression that you could use the second DVI output using a DVI-Component Flyinglead (as the projector supports HD inputs but only via the 3 RCA connections, the VGA 5xRCA option only supports 1024x768 on this model).

I have tried tweaking and messing with the catalyst center but the only image i can get through the projector seems to have a lot of blue in the picture and when i drag a video window or windows Explrer window to the projector side of the display, the projector starts opening/closing the input and the image starts to freak out!!!:mad:

Any help or advise would be great on this matter, my only goal is to use the projector in at least 720p format as it looks great on my 24 foot:thumbsup: outdoor screen via HD DVD player but all my media is on my XBMC media PC.

Cheers All

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
I've just rebuilt my HTPC this weekend using a new 3650 card, so I'll have to try the other port to see if I can understand your issue. Are you using the supplied DVI>HDMI dongle with your card? I'm hoping this will send audio via DVI>HDMI for my setup and still allow me to use my mobo's spdif output at the same time for my second room.

I'm using the latest 8.10 ATi driver BTW.

mightyox

Standard Member
Hi

I am currently using one of these ( PRO SIGNAL | PSG02572 | Leads | Audio, Video & TV | CPC ) from CPC this connects to my Samsung LCD TV @ 1776x1000, i dont use the HDMI audio although i have tested it and it does work as it should. My main problem is that i cant get the DVI - RGB/component (HDTV Dongle type thing) adapter working, issues as described in previous post.

I have only tested it with one of these ( DVI-A MALE TO 3 RCA RGB COMPONENT VIDEO FEMALE ADAPTER on eBay, also, Video Cables, TV Accessories, Consumer Electronics (end time 31-Oct-08 21:24:19 GMT) ) but the standard Mini DIN cable didnt perform any better either.

I only recieved a dvi - 15pin VGA converter in my boxed retail Gfx card although it did state HDTV converter on the box

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom