1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Athlon 64

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by steevs, Jan 13, 2004.

1. steevs

steevs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out, I think I may have made an almighty blooper.
    I have ordered the athlon 64 3200 cpu and the shuttle SN85G4 from microland, I ordered seperately as it represented quite a big saving but now I noticed that the package includes a "AMD Athlon64 CPU with 1600MHz AMD HyperTransport technology" and I have ordered a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 64 bit Retail inc.fan 2000MHz.

I'm a little confused to the differences in MHz. Have I ordered the correct cpu? and are these cpus different and if so which is better, i'm guessing the 2000 but that's what it is a guess.

Thanks in advance.

2. cskates

cskates
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    By default the Shuttles don't come with a CPU and the phrase "AMD Athlon64 CPU with 1600MHz AMD HyperTransport technology" is just a bit of marketing speak about the CPU bus used on the Athlon 64, not an included CPU. It sounds like you've bought the right things! :)

3. steevs

steevs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    cheers, thought id made a blooper there for a minute.