Question ATC HTS7

Wow- I just love the way these threads open up loads of thoughts/opinions...!
dragging a wee bit back on track, is it fair to say that if I spend, say, £2.5k on speakers, I should be looking at a similar spend on amplification...? (Remind me of old days...speaker/amp/source...30/30/30... nothing has changed?!

Wow- I just love the way these threads open up loads of thoughts/opinions...!
dragging a wee bit back on track, is it fair to say that if I spend, say, £2.5k on speakers, I should be looking at a similar spend on amplification...? (Remind me of old days...speaker/amp/source...30/30/30... nothing has changed?!
No. What receiver will depend on is the type of speaker you purchase and how hard they are to drive. My old KEF R Series cost over £3k but all were driven by a Denon receiver that cost, initially £1800. You could go even lower than that price wise as like all receivers they tend to fall in price quite rapidly and by the end of it's life that particular receiver was down to £1100. Getting a good receiver that has pre-outs means that you could easily boost power by the addition of external amps.

Look around for Ex Demo or open box AVRs, some good deals to be had if your ok not having brand new, same goes for speaker.

Hmm i like on wall speakers hence my jamo d6 then d500 now dali Opticon lcr...ive had a set of floorstanding atc 30 which whilst brilliant were huge...i remember the guy buying them picked them up and dinked one i nearly cried..

how do the atc on wall compare?

Would be a great article if there was a comparison with all the high-ish range on wall / in wall offerings. ATC, PMC, Dali, M&K, B&W..... there’s quite a few at the moment but no real run down, I’m also guessing that there’s no Hifi shop with them all available to demo?

selfish mode: moving house end of this year and working out budgets for toys :)

Interested thread.

I have the ATC HTS 7 front LCR. I've paired these with wall mounted MK triples and floorstanding MK CS29. (No atmos.)

Personally, I can't find any reason to complain about the combination. It works for my room and ears.

What I would add is that in my experience, the more power you can add via the amps, the better these speakers sound. Especially at volume.

I'm running an Anthem 720 with Arcam p35 and P38 and feel they could use even more power and I'm convinced they would sound better for it.

Isn't that the feeling generally with most ATC speakers?

ETA: Subs wise, I was restricted with size due to placement issues but I am running 2 X 8" Velodyne SPL.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom