ATC HTS7 AV Speaker System Review & Comments

Thanks for that, Ed. Given that nothing is going to come into contact with the walls of our new place ever, says my already weaponised other half, and you kept the ATCs on stands for your test, would you say that this is a realistic permanent arrangement? From their size they would appear to be perfect (She Who Must Be Feared is also against any speakers that would dominate the room). If they were stand mounted would they have to be against the wall? Did you toe them in at all? I like their thinness as well, by the way.

I have the KEF T series up front and they are fantastic! Best looking slim wall mounted speakers available imo.

They do need a sub to back them up but the clarity they produce is nothing short of astonishing.

While these speakers no doubt perform I have to be honest and say they would not have any WAF in my house :laugh:

Maybe you could review them? I know you have reviewed the V300 set but how about a review with the T series hooked up to an AVR?

I read the review for these in HCC and must say that I think they have plenty of room appeal.

This is the second review I've seen now and if I was looking for this type of speaker, they'd certainly be on my shortlist.

Thanks for that, Ed. Given that nothing is going to come into contact with the walls of our new place ever, says my already weaponised other half, and you kept the ATCs on stands for your test, would you say that this is a realistic permanent arrangement? From their size they would appear to be perfect (She Who Must Be Feared is also against any speakers that would dominate the room). If they were stand mounted would they have to be against the wall? Did you toe them in at all? I like their thinness as well, by the way.

Hi Ripsnorter,
The HTS speakers will work very well on stands as long as they are tight up against a wall. They have been designed to offer a flat frequency response and balanced timbre with the increase in bass and lower-mid wall loading results in.
Kind Regards, Ben Lilly. ATC.

Hi Ripsnorter,
The HTS speakers will work very well on stands as long as they are tight up against a wall. They have been designed to offer a flat frequency response and balanced timbre with the increase in bass and lower-mid wall loading results in.

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, Ben. Thanks for this.

I realise these are quite new but has anyone tried the HTS7 in a 2-channel system?

I have been big fan of ATC speakers previously with the Mk2 SCM7, the older SCM10 is one of my all time favorite speakers.
I'm looking to simplify my system and really like the idea of these wall mount versions.

I am looking to mount them either above these DIY speakers either side of the window, or move it round to either side of the TV.

Lounge
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

I realise these are quite new but has anyone tried the HTS7 in a 2-channel system?

I have been big fan of ATC speakers previously with the Mk2 SCM7, the older SCM10 is one of my all time favorite speakers.
I'm looking to simplify my system and really like the idea of these wall mount versions.

I am looking to mount them either above these DIY speakers either side of the window, or move it round to either side of the TV.

Lounge
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Hi Robert,

We are strong believers that excellent loudspeaker performance comes from equally excellent engineering and, if the loudspeaker is engineered very well, it doesn't really matter what the source material is. Also, we completed a lot of listening with 2-channel music and speech during the development process and I can guarantee we didn't 'voice' the speaker in any way to favor AV over music. The on-wall mounting does result in more bass extension and a balance that is slightly tilted towards the lower octaves but the overall balance is very neutral, just like the rest of our product range and I think they would work very well in your room shown above.

Hi Robert,

We are strong believers that excellent loudspeaker performance comes from equally excellent engineering and, if the loudspeaker is engineered very well, it doesn't really matter what the source material is. Also, we completed a lot of listening with 2-channel music and speech during the development process and I can guarantee we didn't 'voice' the speaker in any way to favor AV over music. The on-wall mounting does result in more bass extension and a balance that is slightly tilted towards the lower octaves but the overall balance is very neutral, just like the rest of our product range and I think they would work very well in your room shown above.

Hi Ben,
Thanks for the reply, I have since changed my mind and gone with some other speakers but thank you for the detailed information.
Cheers, Rob

I am looking to purchasing a pair of these for my london flat. I'm just in two minds to what amp to purchase to drive them? I am looking for a decent AV Receiver. My ATC SCM19's are currently powered by a Roksan Caspian m2 amp via an Audio M-DAC. I Hope to get just as much clarity with the HTS7's paired with either a Denon AVR-X4400H or Marantz SR7012. Any advice would be most appreciated.
Cheers James

8A4DC4AD-019C-4A86-A474-FF0F757C198D.jpeg
4BA8DF0C-82EF-40A5-AA48-82B1DA00073C.jpeg
I am looking to purchasing a pair of these for my london flat. I'm just in two minds to what amp to purchase to drive them? I am looking for a decent AV Receiver. My ATC SCM19's are currently powered by a Roksan Caspian m2 amp via an Audio M-DAC. I Hope to get just as much clarity with the HTS7's paired with either a Denon AVR-X4400H or Marantz SR7012. Any advice would be most appreciated.
Cheers James

I run these as base layer in a 5.1.2 with a Denon 6400h but have heard them with the Arcam sr250, Marantz av7704 + Emotiva XPA Gen 3. The Denon 6400h runs them but doesn’t do them justice.

IMG_8205.JPG
That does look nice, very tidy. My home setup in the first picture sounds great when I watch movies in stereo through my ATC SCM19's powered by Roksan and M-DAC, source mac mini. The Pioneer, even when bi-amped, just doen't do it much justice, but I'm not sure if it's to do with the superior DAC from the M-DAC.

Last edited:
View attachment 1061246 Just seeing from your pics, you have those speakers placed a good distance from either side of your 65C8, that's given me second thoughts where I place mine in my flat. As you can see I currently have some B&O's 8000 hooked up, but anoyingly has a constant hissing sound. Looking to flog them and replace with HTS7, but I am having seconds thoughts now because of the size and the width, I don't think they will look right behind this LG.

Mine are set at an equilateral triangle. I’m seriously considering downsizing to a 2 channel system using the HT7 or HT11. I’m curious to how movies would sound from a 2 channel system. I’m also considering something with HDMI switching like the Arcam 250 or Lyngdorf 2170.

That’s the thing with hifi, it gets very costly for little gain and when your AV Receiver is the bottleneck in the setup it easily spoiles the fun. If I were to buy surround sound speakers I would go for the Kef E305’s as they can do just fine for the occasional gunshot sounds and traffic noises you get from watching 5.1 DTS. Atmos is a gimmick. I watch all my movies from Stereo I just make sure I have a decent Tv and there’s nothing quite like an Oled.
If your seriously considering changing your setup, how much would you sell your rear HTS7s for? i’ll Buy them off you for a reasonable price.
Oh, how did those speakers sound on the Arcam 250 by the way. If I were to go with a stereo setup it would be ATC HTS7 & Arcam SA20. Hopefully that will get the best out of those speakers in my small living room.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom