Question ATC Active 5.1 Speakers potential sale & price?

fatboy frank

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Bit of a long shot, but worth asking the question i guess as these could be a bargain for someone.

So a friends husband passed away a couple of years ago, he was seriously into his AV, but it isn't really her thing and she would like to downsize the system as it was originally installed in a much bigger cinema room in their old house.

She couldn't bring herself to part with what was his pride and joy at the time and obviously had other things to worry about, however, several years down the line and the fact that these are just far too big for her new house, is looking to sell the whole lot!

The speakers are:

2 X ATC SCM20-2 Active Monitors
1 X ATC C5CA Active Centre
2 X ATC SCM10-2 Active Monitors
1 X ATC C5 Sub

The speakers are all in working order and generally in pretty good cosmetic condition, the SCM20-2's do have fairly heavy metal stands, not sure if these are after market or original ATC stands. She is pretty sure that the original boxes are around but not 100% sure if all accessories are there and to be honest i don't know what should be included anyway. The cabling for all the speakers have all been chased into the walls, so these might not be available as i don't think she'll be too keen on me ripping them out!

As already mentioned, she ideally wants to sell the complete package, but may consider splitting the set. I have taken the liberty of pointing out that these are quite a niche speaker, and anyone who knows these will also know that they are bloody heavy too, so collection would be preferred from Bournemouth area.

So i know these were pretty expensive when new and i think they are about 10 years old now, but still command a pretty high price on the secondhand market.

I don't want to see her get ripped off, she does have a price in mind ........ which i won't disclose at present, however, am trying to determine what sort of price she should be looking for?

If there is sufficient interest i would be happy to list them in the classifieds on her behalf, but please note that i am not in a position to be able to offer any guarantee on these.

As already said, i think these could be a real bargain for someone.

Thoughts and sensible comments welcomed :)

I think list them with some pictures and an asking price and make it clear they need to be tested.

Stunning speakers..dont sell em too cheap
I know, just trying to find out what's a fair price for them, difficult to find any information on them, can't even find the C5 Sub or the C5CA!

I’m waiting for pics and her asking!
I understand, however, i need to try to get over to see her again so that i can try to get them moved so i can get some decent pictures of them ...... not an easy task due to where they are and the weight of the things.... not an easy thing to do with only one working hand! :(

I understand, however, i need to try to get over to see her again so that i can try to get them moved so i can get some decent pictures of them ...... not an easy task due to where they are and the weight of the things.... not an easy thing to do with only one working hand! :(

Sorry to hear that about your hand. Hopefully you can get some friends or family to help?

Funnily enough, I came here to find this after seeing your post on WAM. I'd imagine the £5k suggestion there probably isn't far off. These seem to pop up on ebay occasionally so perhaps check sold prices there?

I'd be interested in some of these myself if I could integrate them with my decor, and figure out how to automatically switch on ATC actives. I'd be very interested in the sub...

I'm a relatively recent ATC convert - they really don't get enough attention here. There's quite a lot of 'as the director intended' marketing guff floating around; ATC are one of the few that can claim the same drivers in their home speakers are currently widely used in movie and music studios, and very well regarded.

Funnily enough, I came here to find this after seeing your post on WAM. I'd imagine the £5k suggestion there probably isn't far off. These seem to pop up on ebay occasionally so perhaps check sold prices there?

I'd be interested in some of these myself if I could integrate them with my decor, and figure out how to automatically switch on ATC actives. I'd be very interested in the sub...

I'm a relatively recent ATC convert - they really don't get enough attention here. There's quite a lot of 'as the director intended' marketing guff floating around; ATC are one of the few that can claim the same drivers in their home speakers are currently widely used in movie and music studios, and very well regarded.
Thanks for your reply and interest, the Sub is very interesting as i can't find any details on it at all, i've seen a C4 & C6 but no mention of a C5 anywhere!

Which of the other speakers might you be interested in?
Unfortunately my friend is out of the country for a couple of weeks, i'm hoping to get over to see her on her return, and hopefully get some decent pictures worthy of posting on here.

I have looked on ebay at sold prices, not much luck i'm afraid.

Must admit i quite fancy the SCM 20's myself for a stereo setup, but the centre is a bit of a quandary.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Probably only the centre and sub.

Yea, the sub is a mystery - I can only find those too.

You've probably seen:

Thanks for that, yes i had seen it :)
The Sub and the centre are the ones i thought might be the most difficult to sell, so your interest is duly noted :thumbsup:

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I would say theyve got to be worth at least 4k.
I also will say, i could never afford them. But dont sell them too cheap mate

Edit, just looked on ebay, blooming heck i sold mine cheap

So a bit of an update after my contact with ATC:

Hi Shane,
Thanks for confirming the serial numbers. I have added the build dates below.
C5 SUB Serial Number 258 - build date 07/05/2006 (My colleague believes that this is a C4 sub, he does not remember there ever being a C5 sub in production)
SCM20-2 Active Monitor Serial Number 000449 - build date 10/05/2006
SCM10-2 Active Monitor Serial Number 001045 - 20/06/2006

C5CA Active Centre Serial Number 00033 - 12/06/2006

I find it interesting the comments about the Sub ..... still a bit of a mystery as it definitely has C5 Sub on the serial number plate.

Definitely not in cherry and to be perfectly honest i never paid a great deal of attention to exactly what it looked like, as i just went off the serial number plate. When i next get over to see her i will hopefully get some proper pictures and will also take proper measurements too, as that will help with the identification too

Hi there
Several years ago ATC had several surround sound speaker packages known as the Concepts Xs (x being a number 1-7).
The active 20-2s, C5 centre and C4 sub formed part of the Concept 5 system. It would appear a typo for the C5 sub above as I’ve only seen subs which are called C1, C4 & C6. The C2 and C7 subs are discontinued as far as I am aware.
Hope that helps - I am interested to find out more.
Alastair

Hi Alastair,
Thanks for your contribution, i was aware of the concept series and it would seem that these were a custom order as the concept 5 came with 4 x SCM20-2's and not 2 x SCM20-2's & 2 x SCM10-2's

I hope to hear from my friend soon, and hopefully go back and have a proper look at the complete set and finally resolve the Sub mystery once and for all.

Hi there, i am very late to this party....did you end up selling these? I only ask because I am in a similar situation with my ATC C5C4 Centre Channel. No idea where and how much to sell it for!

Hi there, i am very late to this party....did you end up selling these? I only ask because I am in a similar situation with my ATC C5C4 Centre Channel. No idea where and how much to sell it for!
They weren't actually my speakers, they belonged to a friend who was looking to sell as a complete package. Unfortunately i don't know if they did eventually sell them or not.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom