1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atari Indy 500

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by VCS2600, Apr 22, 2005.

1. VCS2600

VCS2600
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Anyone recall the Atari VCS/2600 game Indy 500? The racing game based on the arcade hits Gran Trak 10 & Crash N' Score?

Indy 500 cart

Attached Files:

2. SCo4

SCo4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've still got it upstairs on my classic shelf, it was good fun, ice tracks, tag etc.
    Came with driving controllers and packaged in a fatter version of the game cart box (which got crushed and thrown out)
    cost £35 from WHSmith IIRC , a lot of money in those days, we used all our xmas book vouchers to buy it :)

3. VCS2600

VCS2600
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It's a game I had heard about but never owned/played until I bought a NOS copy for 20 pounds recently, still in shrink wrap. It's actually better than the arcade version because it's in colour, packs more than one game and doesn't come in a cabinet that weighs 400 lbs! :D I am playing it on my Atari 2600jr, which is about the size of a VHS cassette.
    Have a look at the description of Gran Trak 10 used to entice arcade owners to buy the machine. :)

Gran Trak 10 1974

4. phreak97

phreak97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the 2600jr is not the size of a vhs tape.. it's longer, wider, and thicker.

5. VCS2600

VCS2600
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well, it isn't much larger than a VHS cassette. It is a tiny console and very light, much smaller than any current platform console. The 2600jr looks like a toy, it could probably fit on a large key ring. :D

Attached Files: