1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atacama Audio Equinox AV photos

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Taylorg, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Taylorg

Taylorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone have any photos of the Equinox AV stand with equipents on it? I've ordered 1 but I've got to wait another couple of weeks before it is delivered along with the Denon AVR-3805 that I have ordered.

The only photo's I can find of this unit are of it empty.

Thanks in advance
    Grant

2. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Grant m8,
    Just charging the camera, watch this space

3. Taylorg

Taylorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers :)

I'm getting mine delivered on the 25th along with a Denon AVR-3805 and I cannot wait :clap: I've been waiting since before Christmas.

Been renting my place out and I move back in on the 24th, I've been putting up with my PC and Creative labs speakers with a sub, they are no match for the Denon & my B&W 620i's.

Thanks again
    Grant

4. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    sorry about the delay, tried to upload photo but it says file is too large :eek:

5. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi m8, eventually sorted out how to upload the photo, so here you go - hope you like the stand, i love it :thumbsup:
    Was a bit undecided at first, unsure whether to go for the atacama or the sonus elite 1350, but plumped for the atacama - glad i did, gorgeous though the sonus is, it would have been too big!!
    Rgds - dishdoc

P.S. Waiting for the plumber to come to drop the old radiator pipes under the floor so we can get the new carpet layed.We had the bay window built especially for the tv to sit in, next step will be a HS50 Projector, and a screen that drops down in front of the tv :clap:

Attached Files:

6. Taylorg

Taylorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi dishdoc,

Thanks very much for the photo. It gives me a good idea of what and how much of my kit will fit in the rack.

I like the idea of using the middle shelf for the centre speaker although I've a lot of kit. Still it mybe time to ditch my Laserdisc player & VCR and get everything onto DVD.

The kit I have is as follows:

Denon AVR-3805 (Purchased at the same time as the Equinox AV)
    Sony DVP-735D DVD player (Multi region)
    Pioneer CLD-2950 Laserdisc player (Multi region)
    Sony 710 VCR
    Panasonic Sky Digibox
    Sony RDR-GX300 DVD Recorder
    Sony 28" Widescreen TV
    Shuttle XPC 3.0Ghz P4 Meadia Center 2005 PC with a NEC 3500 Dual layer 16x DVD burner that's multi region.

I could put the speaker on top of the TV and then my Laserdisc player would go beside the amp and everything else would fit on the middle shelf. The other solution is to ditch the Laserdisc player & the VCR.

Then I can have the DVD player, DVD recorder & Sky box at the side of the Denon & use the middle shelf for the centre speaker. That maybe a better idea since my B&W 620i's would be on a closer level with the centre speaker.

I'd love to do what you've done and get an Equinox HiFi as well but unfortunatelly I live in a flat and do not have the space.

I can always replace my Laserdiscs with DVD's or hook the Pioneer up to my PC and rip the laserdiscs to DVD. I'd like to be able to put my Shuttle XPC in the rack but I can see that there is not going to be enough space for that.

I'll be using the PC for playing my MP3 collection and also using the optical output so I can have 5.1 surround sound with my games.

Regards
    Grant

7. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Grant m8,
    I also have other kit - Sony 710 vcr, pioneer 2950 lazerdisc player, Xbox etc, but I keep them on a seperate atacama equinox hi fi rack :smashin: with all the cables running under the floor. Only the most used stuff on the av rack :smashin:
    Rgds, dishdoc

8. Taylorg

Taylorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi dishdoc,

Sounds good but I'm not sure I have space to the HiFi rack side by side with the AV. When I move back in on the 24th I'll check.

I could always get the matching HiFi rack and if it does not fit I have the option of using it in my bedroom to house the old Nakamichi amp and buy another pair of surround speakers and use the B&W LM1's in the bedroom.

Cheers M8 :smashin: