At the park

I do like the first one. Do you use a polarizer and/or ND grad filters?
I think 2 and 3 could do with a bit of help on the exposure - to avoid that blown out sky and the reflections on the water, but retain the detail in the darker greenery. Nice shots! :thumbsup:

I do like the first one. Do you use a polarizer and/or ND grad filters?
I think 2 and 3 could do with a bit of help on the exposure - to avoid that blown out sky and the reflections on the water, but retain the detail in the darker greenery. Nice shots! :thumbsup:

Things are looking better. As said, you need to work out how to darken the sky. As it happens, my Cokin polariser & filter kit is up for sale in the for sale section - grab yourself a bargain :thumbsup:

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying but I was out taking more photos as it happens. onefivenine, thank you for the comments. I don't use a polarizer or ND grad filter but Tobers recommended that I do so I'll be making a purchase in the not too distant future.
Tobers, thanks for commenting once again. As a beginner to photography I have got no idea if your filters would be compatible with my camera a Fujifilm FinePix S6500fd. If they are then I would be interested in buying them.

Cheers

Will the filters fit? Depends on the filter thread diameter of your lens. On the front of the lens you should see a little circle with a line through it followed by a number of mm. This is the lens filter thread diameter.

The Cokin filters use adapter rings which screw into the filter thread. You can then use the filters on lots of different size lenses. The smallest adapter ring in my kit is 52mm.

Tobers

Will the filters fit? Depends on the filter thread diameter of your lens. On the front of the lens you should see a little circle with a line through it followed by a number of mm. This is the lens filter thread diameter.

The Cokin filters use adapter rings which screw into the filter thread. You can then use the filters on lots of different size lenses. The smallest adapter ring in my kit is 52mm.

Tobers

Mine is 58mm. It looks like yours won't do the job then. :( I'll just have to look elsewhere for a polariser and ND Grad filter. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom