• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

At the end of my tether

Colonel_basic

I'm at a total loss at what to buy next i have had 2 tv's in the last few weeks and not totally happy with either of them

1st tv was a panasonic 42G20, couldnt handle the buzz and blacks were not that great but was great for motion ( also damn ugly tv )

2nd tv is a UE46C6540, lag input is bad and the motion just awefull on gaming it tends to give you a double image on panning shots during games. I also see slight glitches in motion now and again with all motion enhancers and processing off watching blu ray or cable:confused:. Im also finding sources going in and out of sync with sound.

I need to find a tv that has great black levels, good for gaming and great hd picture asap but i guess no such mythical beast exists unless you want to spend £3000. My budget i guess is £1500 please help :facepalm:

moogoat

You already went through two great TVs. Not sure what you're after exactly, the G20's blacks beat any LCD blacks hands down. On the other hand the comparably poor black level of the LCD you bought didn't seem to bother you?

Colonel_basic

You already went through two great TVs. Not sure what you're after exactly, the G20's blacks beat any LCD blacks hands down. On the other hand the comparably poor black level of the LCD you bought didn't seem to bother you?

The lcd had deeper blacks than the g20 i had due to the g20 screen not being black to begin with, black detail isnt as good on the lcd tho as they get crushed

iainl7

Both have reviewed well, and received positive comments from many here. But so have both the TVs you've rejected. So you really need to see them yourself, I think.

rune

Colonel_basic: I returned my 42G20 aswell due to buzzing (jesus, the number of people who have returned the G20 - is it the same TV making the rounds, or do they make a large number of buzzing screens?)

Anyway, I went from the 42G20 to a Sony 46EX503 and I am very happy with the purchase. Picture is great in HD and (to me) most importantly, NO BUZZING. :)

Colonel_basic

I'm still debating whether to take the samsung back, this jitter i get is so random and dont know if im imagining it. I was looking at the sony but i have read about issues with bleeding or cones in the corners and banding. I really dont know what to do, if i get the sony and dont like it i cant see them letting me exchange it again lol that would be 3 tv's in 2 weeks

londonjojo

Standard Member
Rune - just read your posting and i have a question for you.

I have the 42G20 which i really like (luckily i have no buzzing) but i'm looking for a 46 - 55 inch for my bedroom. I'm really interested in how you think the picture quality compares between the 42G20 and Sony 46EX503? I know you mentioned that the HD quality is great, but what about SD?? I only have SD in the bedroom (magic eye) so really interested in how you think that compares between the two TVs?

Thanks in advance!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom