• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

At Last!!!

Matlough

Established Member
I thought I attached them!
 

Attachments

  • PX60 1.JPG
    PX60 1.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 430
  • PX 60 2.JPG
    PX 60 2.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 338
  • BEFORE!!!.JPG
    BEFORE!!!.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 343

wiz

Distinguished Member
You guys must stop doing this!! It just makes me want to reach for my credit card ( I must resist..I must resist...I must!)


:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 

Matlough

Established Member
peterpatch said:
Looks great! Could you list your AV equipment?:)

Panasonic TH42PX60, Yamaha RX-V557, Canton CD101 System with CD50 centre speaker, Panasonic DMR-E55 DVD (To be(possibly) replaced by HMDI DVD), XBOX and an old Amstrad Sky system.

My main Sky+ system is downstairs. I am planning to get SKY HD installed to replace the Amstrad, but until Sky can offer me a multiroom package with HD box(for the right price) it will have to do!
 

Normsky

Standard Member
How did you re-inforce the roof after taking all the support joists out and likewise how did you re-inforce the floor?

Did you get someboy in to do it? Interested in the cost to be honest cos my brother is thinking of doing the same.

cheers
 

John 1987

Prominent Member
Ditto, lovely looking room. :thumbsup:
 

Matlough

Established Member
Normsky said:
How did you re-inforce the roof after taking all the support joists out and likewise how did you re-inforce the floor?

Did you get someboy in to do it? Interested in the cost to be honest cos my brother is thinking of doing the same.

cheers

I would love to say that it was all my own handy work! But no, company called Gallery Loft Conversions. Very good and not too expensive - £29000 all in.
 

steve500

Established Member
Hi,
Nice job, looks very swish. Just think that the 42" looks a bit lost on the wall, but i suppose that a projector is on the way. When i first saw your cost i thought £2900 for all that structural work was great value, as the going rate around here is about £10-13 grand. Then i read it again and the total cost was £29 grand i nearly chocked, yes it looks the business but £29 grand. Were you given a fixed price at the start or did the price keep rising as it was near completion. What percentage was building work to A/V equipment.

I don't want to sound negative because i think it looks the dogs and anyone who reads these forums would love to have it in there house, its that i was a bit shocked at the overall cost. Again Nice job :thumbsup:
 

Matlough

Established Member
steve500 said:
Hi,
Nice job, looks very swish. Just think that the 42" looks a bit lost on the wall, but i suppose that a projector is on the way. When i first saw your cost i thought £2900 for all that structural work was great value, as the going rate around here is about £10-13 grand. Then i read it again and the total cost was £29 grand i nearly chocked, yes it looks the business but £29 grand. Were you given a fixed price at the start or did the price keep rising as it was near completion. What percentage was building work to A/V equipment.

I don't want to sound negative because i think it looks the dogs and anyone who reads these forums would love to have it in there house, its that i was a bit shocked at the overall cost. Again Nice job :thumbsup:

Thats only 1 room of the total loft conversion. I have a nice office area with a large landing, and that also includes decorating and carpets.
 

Attachments

  • office.JPG
    office.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 161
  • PRE DECORATE.JPG
    PRE DECORATE.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 123

inzaman

Moderator
Looks very smart, i really like loft conversions they just seem to really suit a cinema room.
 
F

Fireman__Sam

Guest
Looks great :thumbsup:

Where does the AV rack come from? It seems to be a nice looking set-up, very neat.
 

Matlough

Established Member
Fireman__Sam said:
Looks great :thumbsup:

Where does the AV rack come from? It seems to be a nice looking set-up, very neat.

Begins with a I & ends with a A - yep I couldn't believe it either - IKEA!!!

And only £56 !!!!!
 

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom