At Last!!!

the_pauley

Banned
Hill Street Blues Season 1 on R1 from Fox this January!!! :clap:

G

guysie

the_pauley said:
Hill Street Blues Season 1 on R1 from Fox this January!!! :clap:

Also the classic 60,s sci fi series released on dvd region 1 January 2006 The Time Tunnel :thumbsup:

the_pauley

Banned
Let's be realistic - It's an Irwin Allen series. The word "classic" does not apply. Old - yes. classic - no.

Irwin Allen has done for Science Fiction what Mel Gibson has done for Scottish and American history and Biblical scholarship. :devil:

TonyA

Hill Street Blues set the standard for ensemble cast shows.

I wonder if there will be a release on Region 2 - hope so, and also hope that St. Elsewhere finds it way to DVD at some point too.

As for Time Tunnel... I've got a mate who will be over the moon about it, but I couldn't stand it - cheaply made, badly acted load of old tosh!

the_pauley

Banned
lovemunkey187 said:
Even so if it wasn't for Time Tunnel there'd be no Quantum Leap,,,,,,,,
What on earth makes you say that? There have been plenty of (good) time travel stories in Science Fiction literature, cinema and TV before and since Time Tunnel many of them of a much higher standard and infinitely more influential.

The two aren't connected at all other than they are time travel shows. That's a bit like saying if wasn't for Lost in Space we wouldn't have Star Wars...

lovemunkey187

the_pauley said:
The two aren't connected at all other than they are time travel shows. That's a bit like saying if wasn't for Lost in Space we wouldn't have Star Wars...

At least with Lost In Space we wouldn't've had to put with JarJar Binks.

My point is though that both shows follow the same formula of the traveller/s each week having to sort out problems. Also very similar to Sliders if we're being honest.

the_pauley

Banned
Star Wars had a talking vegetable too - Hayden Christiansen. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom