At Last! Media PC build finished! (Almost)

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Big_Vern, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Big_Vern

Big_Vern

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Well it's taken a while but my media PC is finally up and running.

Specs:

Compucase 7328 Desktop
    PCChips M863 MATX
    Athlon XP 2600+ (Barton Core)
    512MB Corsair Value Select
    Samsung Spinpoint 200GB HD
    Liteon DVD Rom
    Radeon 9600 128MB Fanless
    Hauppauge PVR150 Capture Card
    RealMagic XCard
    Windows XP SP"
    TVedia Front End S/W
    Grundig GDS 310/2 as it is one of the few with S-Video out.

I ended up using an XCard as I was not very impressed with the TVOUT capability of the graphics card - don't know if this is just an ATI thing as some people have reported that NVidia seem OK.

The "almost" in the title refers to the fact that the case is too deep to be pushed right underneath the TV stand so I need another stand. A new stand would also be a chance to tidy up all the spaghetti round the back. I also need to make up a scart lead to connect to the XCard as I'm only usng the S-Video out at the moment although I'm not sure what difference this will make as I'm only using S-Video into the capture card - should improve DVD playback though.

One of the aims of this project was to end up with something where Windows was not seen and TVedia fitted the bill perfectly plus it had the advantage of supporting the XCard.

The PSU and cooler fans are noticable during quiet bits of whatever you're watching but not so the rest of the time. Hmm.... do I feel another case coming on with quieter bits in it?

Ta for looking!

Big_Vern

Attached Files: