ASW675 - any hope for me?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by doctorjuggles, Apr 18, 2007.

1. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I have a feeling there's nothing that can be done for me here, but I'll ask before I consider upgrading.

I have a B&W ASW675 sub which I'm very happy with in my AV setup. However, in stereo I don't know how to connect it, and I have an odd setup which looks like this.

Code:
    AV     : DV575------>RXV1500---
             	    	          \___Source Switch (4 speaker cables in/2 Out)-->MA Radius R270
    	 	          /	
    Stereo : MF XRay v3->MF X150--/

So when I want to listen to music I switch the speaker switch to take the signal from the back of the X-150, and when I want to watch TV/DVDs I switch it to receive the signal from the speaker signal of the RX-V1500.

As far as I know, there's no way that I can integrate the ASW675 into this setup to allow me to utilise it for stereo use. It's currently only on AV duties via the .1 LFE feed.

From what I understand, I'll probably need to buy a sub that takes hi-input from the back of my stereo amp and a .1 LFE input from my AV amp, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to get my current setup working, I'm all ears.

By the way, the sub is located 3m away from the two amps, with a 5m Ixos 1 phono to 1 phono sub cable.

Cheers for any help

2. Member 96948

Member 96948
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,253
    Does the X150 have pre-amp outputs? If so and active crossover like the ones discussed in here.

Have a look to see if you get the drift of how they work.

Russell

3. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    The X-150 has pre-amp outs, but I keep the equipment small because there's limited space in my rack and no real chance of changing that. The active crossover looks remarkably large and complicated and, if it came to that, I'd probably just upgrade the sub for one that accepts high level inputs. Another large box like that Behringer mentioned in the thread would probably see me kicked out of the house!

I'm also not entirely convinced I understand how it would fit into my setup. Would both the AV reciever and the stereo amp feed into it which would then, in turn, feed the sub?