1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASW100 keeps going into standby mode

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Kaleb500, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Kaleb500

Kaleb500
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got monitor audio speakers with a marantz 7400. Very pleased with the setup. Althought there is a slight problem with the ASW100 sub. When you switch it on it goes straight into standby mode, and needs a bit of a kick to get it going. Now this is ok with me. But on certain types of films, i.e. ones with little bass in, the sub sometimes goes back into standby mode during the film and then comes back on when there is a strong enough bass moment. I presume that it is doing this because it is not being sent a strong enough bass signal for a certain period of time, then decides that it should be in standby. Very annoying. But as i said before only a few films are affected. Just wondering if anyone else has found this. This problem apart, the sub is not bad, although i am a tad diassapointed with it, just a tad, doesn't quite have the oomph i thought it would have. Might wait till next month and get an SVS :thumbsup:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    I had a look at Monitor Audio's website for the technical spec on this sub to see whether it had an Auto on / off switch but the company seem to be more into pretty pictures rather than technical specifications.

If it has an auto on / off switch as the SVS does, switch it off.

If it has dual phono inputs many people have alleviated the problem by feeding both of them

3. Kaleb500

Kaleb500
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No switch for the auto on/off unfortunatly. There is however 2 inputs, so i might try feeding em both, thanks for the tip. I take it then this is not an uncommon problem?

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    I haven't seen it mentioned in connection with Monitor Audio but it has been mentioned a few times in connection with a different sub that seems particularly prone to this problem and the solution seems to have been to use both inputs on the sub