Asus Zenbook UX303UA battery saying 255% charge??

jjarhelp

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help. My Asus Zenbook will only turn on and stay on when plugged in, if it becomes unplugged it dies instantly, the battery is also saying "255% charged (plugged in)". I thought maybe my battery had become completely discharged but have replaced that and still having the same issues. Any ideas what's wrong? I'm completely stumped

First port of call would be to take a look at the battery driver.

Open Device Manager and tab to Batteries. Delete the driver from your machine and delete the software. that has been installed with it.

Now in Device Manager click Action and then click Scan for hardware changes

Let us know how you get on

Just tried that and it didn’t change anything

As I said it's the first port of call and therefor a step in the process.

We can assume the charger is working as it runs the machine.

What replacement battery have you bought and from where? Model number and manufacturer would be good.

Here's another process to try
  1. Shut down your laptop.
  2. Remove any peripheral devices connecting to your laptop
  3. Unplug the AC adapter charger from your laptop
  4. Remove the battery from your laptop
  5. Press and hold down the power button for 60 seconds, then release.
  6. Re-plug the AC adapter/power charger
  7. Power on your laptop as normal

Here's another process to check out

ASUS provides a feature “ASUS Battery Health Charging”, and it pops up automatically in the very beginning after your OS is installed. It offers three options for you to choose for your battery health:

• Full Capacity Mode: Your battery is charged to its full capacity.
  • Balanced Mode: Your battery stops charging when the power is above 80% and re-charges when the power is below 78%.
  • Maximum Lifespan Mode: Your battery stops charging when the power is above 60% and re-charges when the power is below 58%.
So if your ASUS laptop is in Balanced Mode or Maximum Lifespan Mode, you might see the issue you are facing

1) Go to Taskbar > Show hidden icons at the bottom right corner.

image-509.png

2) Click the battery health charging mode icon.

image-510.png

3) In the popup window, select the first option: Full Capacity Mode. Then click OK to save.

image-511.png

4) Restart your laptop.

Here's another process to check out

ASUS provides a feature “ASUS Battery Health Charging”, and it pops up automatically in the very beginning after your OS is installed. It offers three options for you to choose for your battery health:

• Full Capacity Mode: Your battery is charged to its full capacity.
  • Balanced Mode: Your battery stops charging when the power is above 80% and re-charges when the power is below 78%.
  • Maximum Lifespan Mode: Your battery stops charging when the power is above 60% and re-charges when the power is below 58%.
So if your ASUS laptop is in Balanced Mode or Maximum Lifespan Mode, you might see the issue you are facing

1) Go to Taskbar > Show hidden icons at the bottom right corner.

image-509.png

2) Click the battery health charging mode icon.

image-510.png

3) In the popup window, select the first option: Full Capacity Mode. Then click OK to save.

image-511.png

4) Restart your laptop.

Hi, so sorry for the late reply I ended up pulling my hair out and giving up trying to fix it (I have another laptop but it isn't as good BUT can hold battery so just started using that). I have tried those and still no luck, I feel as if it may be a hardware problem? Tempted to just send it back to ASUS as I also had difficulty downloading certain programmes such as iTunes it would just keep glitching

Hi Guys,
I have tried every tip posted.in this thread and nothing works with my Asus Notebook (Zenbook 13" Flip) using.Wimdows 10.
I bought this online on Ebay in August 2020 and since after May or June this year 2021. Its keeps showing 255% charge with battery chord attached. If I disconnect power chord. It will die instantly!! This is sooo frustrating. Ice even tried system re-installs.
What else can I try??

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom