For Sale Asus UL30A Notebook

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by tony cosgrove, Sep 12, 2018.

1. tony cosgrove

tony cosgrove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Hi guys, I have my daughter's laptop for sale which I bought for her around 2010/11 when she was at university, she graduated in June 2012 and used it to complete her degree then my son used it until about 2015 and it's not been used since.

Condition wise it's okay, there's a few scratches as you would expect but the screen is fine and so too is the keyboard all keys work and the laptop starts up fine and works as you would expect HOWEVER the battery doesn't charge or there's maybe a fault with the laptop taking a charge from the battery so either way it will at least need a new battery which you can buy on Ebay for about £15 or maybe a repair if you want to take the laptop out and about but obviously it works fine in the house connected to the power supply.

Speaking of the power supply, the one that is connected to the laptop is a Belkin one so I'm not sure if that is original or if my son or daughter bought the Belkin one as a replacement in any event however the PSU works fine.

Here's an old review (below) which will give you the specs etc but please bear in mind that this is now quite an old laptop and as much as it works fine it's not a MacBook pro or a top of the range laptop and wasn't when it was bought.

There's also a manual and a windows disc and windows key and Asus serial no on the underside of the laptop, there's also other discs one of which contains drivers etc and I made a set of recovery discs when we bought which will be included too.

BTW, there's a load of software on there, my son was into DJing so there's some DJ software on there too and a load of music but I can wipe the laptop if you prefer and put a clean install of windows on there.

I'm happy to post this however there's no original box but I'll package it well.

Any questions please ask and I'm also open to reasonable offers, these laptops seems to go for around the £80 mark or about £125 refurbished so I think I've priced it fairly which includes postage too.

I am going to be buying a new laptop for myself and PC World are doing a £100 trade in against a new laptop at the moment so I might go down that road if there's no interest in this.

Thanks

Tony

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/asus-ul30a

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Price and currency: £60
    Delivery: Delivery cost is included within my country
    Payment method: Bank transfer or PPG (Friends and Family) or cash on collection
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi Tony

Could you please post the exact Asus serial/model no. so I can check the specs?

Cheers

EDIT: Doh! :facepalm: Sorry - just read the linked review.

Can you please just confirm the specs of your particular machine (HDD, RAM, graphics, I/O ports etc) and that the OS is Win7 (looks like it but perhaps you'd be good enough to confirm).

Many thanks

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  3. tony cosgrove

tony cosgrove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Hi there, I’ve been running the laptop all afternoon mate and when you move the laptop it randomly shuts down so there must be a fault at the power input or there’s something more serious going on on the motherboard.

I suspect that if the battery was okay then the random shutdowns wouldn’t be noticeable but with no effective battery/power supply then the fault is much more obvious.

Apologies for this I thought it was perfectly okay except for the battery issue so I am happy to post up the specs but I’m now selling it as spares and repair only for £25 posted.

Thanks

Tony

4. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Drat! That's not good and not what I was hoping to hear. I need something super cheap and cheerful so happy to take a punt on it at £20, if you could confirm specs & OS details. Is that ok?

PS. Don't suppose you have a sleeve/case for it, do you?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  5. tony cosgrove

tony cosgrove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Thanks for the offer but honestly it's not worth it for me once I pay for postage so I'll stick to £25 posted mate or I'll try my luck with PC World however I know that they'll cut me down and overcharge for the new laptop which is fair enough but the Asus might work long enough for the guy to make me a fair offer.

Looks like the issue could be a bad earth at the power socket which is damaged (see photo) just noticed that this afternoon, you can use the laptop fine but as soon as you touch the power input plug it shuts down and goes into safe mode so you have to restart it again which it does no problem and as long as you don't move it it is very stable just a pity it has this fault which looks like it might be difficult to repair cause part of the chassis is damaged.

Tony

BTW, there might be a sleeve for it but my daughter said it's a Kath Kidson one:D however I'm positive I bought her an expensive one for the MacBook she had which this laptop replaced down to the MacBook dying on her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hey Tony. Fair enough mate. I'm happy to do £25 all in - if you can find the case (or cases!), so much the better!

PM me your bank details and I'll get the funds transferred.

Cheers

7. tony cosgrove

tony cosgrove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Yer box is full mate:D

8. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Box sorted...;)

9. tony cosgrove

tony cosgrove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    PM incoming and there is a sleeve, it's a Kath Kidson green one, looks quite nice too:thumbsup:

10. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Funds transferred and personal details sent via PM :)

11. tony cosgrove

tony cosgrove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Payment received.

Thanks.

Tony