Asus Transformer Infinity TF700

Sab

Prominent Member
Reaction score
This Full HD Android tablet is meant to be released on the 31st August. Currys and Carphone Wharehouse do not have a clue.

Link for specs and features : ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity | Features

The infinity will cost £600 and will come with the keyboard dock.

I know it will be available on Amazon but I want to buy from a bricks and mortar shop.

Anyone with any ideas on where I can get hold of one please?

There's a rumour that Amazon will be the only UK supplier. I'm not sure if that is true, but if it is then I imagine that it will only be for a set period of time.

Still no sign of this anywhere and Amazon seem to only be selling the French version, which has a different keyboard layout. Has there been a delay in the UK release?

There was a batch supplied to Amazon, but for some reason it sounds like they may not get any more. I don't know if Asus have decided not to supply Amazon, or Amazon has decided not to stock it, or if there is some other reason behind what is going on. The whole situation seems very strange, so we'll have to just wait it out and see what happens. :(

Not sure where and when will it be available, etc. Really bad marketing from Asus

Its listed on amazon uk now

Was gonna get one of these but reckon 600 quid rather steep (imo)

It has been on there for about a month now, but stock availability (sold by Amazon) has been few and far between. I agree that it may be a bit expensive, but it isn't like there is currently a lot of choice for an Android tablet with this kind of spec.

I'm looking forward to updating my TF700 to Jelly Bean and doing a proper comparison with my Nexus 7. For one thing, the extra resolution of the display makes a big difference even though the screen of the TF700 is also about twice the size. I didn't expect to see that much difference between 216ppi (Nexus 7) and 264ppi (TF700) but it's surprising how much better the TF700 looks when you see them side by side.

I was interested in this but I think I will pass at the price. I am also starting to think that the pen and handwriting feature of the much cheaper Galaxy Note 10.1 might be more use to me. (You can get a keyboard for that as well).

I know Amazon is popular with most people, but if I buy an expensive product such as the Infinity from them will I lose out in anyway?

What happens if this product becomes faulty? How easy is it to contact Amazon? How long in your experience does problems take to sort out?

I've never had any problem with large purchases from Amazon and, every time I've had something faulty/damaged from them, they've sent out a replacement straight away without waiting for the faulty one to be returned. Very handy if you've bought something like a TV and are worried about getting a worse one in exchange.

Amazon are arguably one of the best on the web, I've never had an issues returning things to them and it's always a fast turn around.

This tablet does look good but I'm not sure its worth £200 more than the tf300 that you could buy in currys, or even the older transformer prime is cheaper. You must really want the hd screen to pay that much extra premium. I know the tf300 is plastic but its well built and s far I've really not had any problems with it

Hi all

looking to buy this infinity, but will to wait another month or so due to many new items comming out i assumse for xmas

I use office and watch movies surf the net, no games and i have only downloaded one app for my phones in the past three years not worried about that either...... so what would be best at the 10" size

everett_psycho what really is the difference between the two, ta for your time

Rgds

Tan

Last edited:
tanmann said:
Hi all

looking to buy this infinity, but will to wait another month or so due to many new items comming out i assumse for xmas

I use office and watch movies surf the net, no games and i have only downloaded one app for my phones in the past three years not worried about that either...... so what would be best at the 10" size

everett_psycho what really is the difference between the two, ta for your time

Rgds

Tan

I've not used the 700 or prime to know all the differences, i know when i bought the 300 I read up and in simple the difference between this and the prime was £100 and the prime had a brighter screen in a metal case instead of plastic, ans the gps in the prime sucked but it does work in the 300. I believe the main differences in the 700 is the screen definition has been boosted and the metal case is a bit sturdier. It does sound good but the last time i read up on it was £600 to the tf300's £400, i personally don't mind the lower res screen and it's plenty bright enough for me so i'd rather keep the extra cash. I still have a tegra 3 cpu and 1gb of ram, i think the clock speed is a bit down on the prime and infinity but if that bothers you you could always overclock to make it up, it's not exactly slow out the box though nd i think it's only 100mhz slower.

It seems to get the same updates as well, as far as i know i was actually running jelly bean before the prime was

Hi everett_psycho

thanx for that, maybe i will just add more ram but i will get this one

Rgds

Tan

I don't think you can add more ram to them, the units are sealed and you can open them up if you really want to but you can't really change or add bits, they come as they come. 1gb of ram on android is enough though, my phone seems to cope with half that but its nice to have more.

You can compare them side by side on the gsmarena site, as I said its all subtle differences like screen, clock speeds and materials. If you are unsure I'd compare them side by side there and then in a shop if you are still unsure. Whatever you decide thy are good, I for one love having the keyboard. The extra battery inside is a great addition as is the full size SD reader and USB port, and often for posting here sticking it in the dock typing a post and pulling it back out is so much easier than using the on screen keyboard.

Hi everett_psycho

I will be buying the 300 even if i cannot upgrade the ram, thanx again for your comments

Rgds

Tan

Hi everett_psycho

I will be buying the 300 even if i cannot upgrade the ram, thanx again for your comments

Rgds

Tan

Sorry to reply, but I thought I would just advise you to also look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab Note 10.1 and also look at the new Nexus 10 Tablet. I think that although they don't have the keyboard dock facility, they make better buy's, are a lot more powerful then the TF300 and have front facing speakers I think so may be better for your movie watching, the Nexus 10 has a very high resolution.
Just a thought. :)

If you are thinking about the Infinity tablet that is the TF700:

Asus Transformer TF700 10.1-inch Tablet with Keyboard Dock (Grey) (nVIDIA Tegra 3 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, Front Webcam, Rear Webcam, Android 4.0 ICS): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Last edited by a moderator:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi apolloa

would prefer the keyboard to be honest

now the 300 is 380 at comet and currys happy days

Rgds

Tan

tanmann said:
Hi apolloa

Rgds

Tan

If it was just the keyboard you can add Bluetooth ones to any tablet. Admittedly on the transformers the keyboard also brings extra ports and another battery to the party which is why I got one, its perfect for when doing long journeys as with the 2nd battery it can last about 14 hours and take a micro sd, full sd and memory stick all at once to load with films and TV shows.

One good thing though is that Asus have left android alone, they have added a couple of widgets wallpapers and some shortcuts in the notifications area but that's it, with the nexus 7 having similar hardware I'm optimistic that Asus will jeep this thing up to date for a while yet

Hi apolloa

Rgds

Tan

In that case then the Transformer is the way to go currently. As everett has said, you get a lot more functionality then just a keyboard. It looks nice too. :smashin:

thanx for that

might wait a week or so to find out whats happening at comet

Rgds

Tan

thanx for that

might wait a week or so to find out whats happening at comet

Rgds

Tan

I read they may be going into receivership! So yeap you may well grab a bargain but I would check how it affects the warranty first as I'm not sure if Asus is the best at customer service?

I just got an Infinity. The thing is a beast. I have used the Ipad 3 before buying the Infinity. The Ipad was better than the Prime, but compared to the Infinity, it's not, esp that the latter now has the Jelly Bean update.

The best there out atm until the Nexus 10

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom