ASUS ROG Delta S Gaming Headset Review & Comments

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I was only bemoning the fact theres no gaming headphones reviewed , I’ll copy my post from the Lindy thread because I need a new pair.

Last edited:

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I want to buy some good gaming cans.
I require
1 Comfort
2 sound quality
3 connectivity, in order a/ Wired b/wireless c/BT
4 build quality.

my platinum cans are diabolical.

Last edited:

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
@Greg Hook this is a good one...audios mobeze!! Typo last paragraph.

Coulson

Distinguished Member
I wonder how the DAC compares to some of the better reviewed separates. If you are listening to MQA as well as gaming then it sounds like it's worth it. Especially considering a decent pair of Sennheiser headphones is at least 100 quid. For a good DAC you need to add about another £100.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I require
1 Comfort
2 sound quality
4 build quality.

These are wired only, but I haven't found a better gaming set than these:

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I get hot ears and I don't think these would be comfortable enough for me tbh

Me too, but during testing with these I didn't have that issue.

Tolq

I require
1 Comfort
2 sound quality
4 build quality.

The SteelSeries Arctis 7 2019 edition tick all those boxes - they are much more comfortable than the originals, especially if you have a somewhat big head - although you are paying a bit extra for wireless functionality.

However, the most comfortable pair I've ever worn (especially for long gaming sessions) were the Logitech G933 wireless, which I still regret selling on. The G933 has since been replaced by the G935 with improved build quality. The wired version, G635, might be worth a look for you.

TGCVaporize

Novice Member
@Greg Hook

Hey there, I decided to grab the Asus ROG Delta S headphones after reading your great review, I have a quick question about the MQA feature. My armory crate software under MQA status never changes from N/A even when listening to Tidal masters through the desktop Tidal app. Were you able to get that feature to work? Did the status change from N/A when playing a MQA compatible track, is there a step I may be missing?
Thanks in advance

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Yes. Doing this from memory, so will need to confirm later, but you need to click the little speaker icon in the bottom right. Then choose the device rather than system. There should further options available such as allow exclusive control etc.

Cupp

Don't own this headset, but with the SMSL M500 you need to turn on: Use Exclusive Mode and Passthrough MQA in Tidal.

Both are in advance options.

I'm underwhelmed by MQA.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom