Asus Pundit-R - Will it play Hi-Def stuff?

D

dkboy22

I've been looking at a number of threads on the Pundit-R barebones system but still don't know if the on-board ATI Radeon 9100 is good enough for HD DivX and WMV HD.

Can anyone help me??

yes, it is not graphics card dependent, it is more CPU dependent, if you want to play Hi-Def content on that then a 2.8GHZ P4 and 1GB of ram should do the trick, should play all 720P content with ease, would be fine with 1080P WMV but you may notice slight frame drop, so buy the fastest cpu you can afford, a 3.4GHZ P4 can be picked up from ebay for around £110, make sure you get the Northwood version, which runs realtively cool....

Derek22

I am running a shuttle ST61G4 which has the radeon 9100 igp with p4 3.2 coupled up with 2 1gb sticks of memory, i have set aside 128 for the graphics card in the bios I think.

This spec passes all the microsoft is it HD capable benchmark tests and I have no problem so far playing hd wmv content.

try this link to look at what the MIN recommended are and also has a link to the benchmarks tests.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/content_provider/film/ContentShowcase.aspx#sysreq

cant say I have tried any hd divx, but if someone knows of any more than happy to run and test.

D

dkboy22

Thanks Meansizzler, Derek22,

I guess that's made up my mind and I'm going to order the bits! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom