1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus Pundit case any good...?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by RLT, Sep 26, 2005.

1. RLT

RLT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Anyone using this case encounterd any problems ?

2. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    Suppose to be very good, there are alot of reviews on it if you check ebuyer.com, also phunkeh monkey just bought one and built it, ask him about it..if you get the Pundit-R it has radeon 9100 graphics and 5.1 audio, as well as support for 478 cpu's up to 3.2ghz I believe, think it has 2 drr 3200 slots and 2 pci sltos, and you can jsut about manage to fit a nova-t in there with a bit of stuggling, so would make a good media center pc, has space for 1 hard drvie and 1 dvd drive, has built in usb/firewire ports and memory card reader at front, it's a pretty impressive peace of kit for a small study, desktop pc...

3. willsy2

willsy2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Using a Pundit-R for my HTPC. It's not silent but is fairly quiet, and the only problem i had was shoehorning a Hauppage PRV250 into the thing.
    Using a CRT television, feed from my Telewest box via a scart to S-VHS adaptor, then to the TV using S-VHS which gives a pretty good picture.
    Needed to enable the overscan option on the TV out to get a full screen picture.
    It's a nice neat unit and in black fits unobtrusively under the telly (apart from the bright blue power LED on the front).

4. stuartmc

stuartmc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We have a number of customers with this and generally very happy. Main gripe is that digital audio out is on front of case not rear. You can fit two Black Gold cards for Freeview but most other cards are a very tight fit for a single card.