Asus o'play hd2 Help!!

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Dbcoup, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Dbcoup

Dbcoup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +424
    Can anyone please tell me how to connect this damn machine to a windows 7 pc?
    I have no Hdd installed and want to view my media via the file on my PC. When i come to 'Network' it asks for a 'Net user' & 'Net pass'. So i created a a new account on my PC and inputed those details on the Asus, but i just keep getting 'Loggin failed'.

I have been messin about with this all night and its very close to being thrown in the bin :(

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    A recent Windows 7 update stopped access working for my Asus O!play, other people have experienced the same problem since Windows Live Essentials 2011 were rolled out. It was very annoying ! See the main O!play thread for how people fix it.

3. Dbcoup

Dbcoup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +424
    Cheers, i did get it connected but i had to use this method:

Navigate to the following location in the registry editor
    MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetControlLsa
    1. On the right side Double Click on everyoneincludesanonymous and in the window that pops up, change the value data from a 0 value to a 1
    2. Double Click on NoLmHash and in the window that pops up, change the Value Data from a 1 value to a 0

Navigate to the following location in the registry editor MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetServicesLanManServerParameters
    1. Double Click on restrictnullsessaccess and change the 1 value to a 0? NOTE: There is no need to "save" these changes, as you make changes to the registry it is saved automatically.
    2. Close the registry editor and restart the computer.
    3. Power cycle your O!Play

4. Add a User Profile and Password specifically for O!Play (something like user: oplay, pass: nosupport)

4. dbates

dbates
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That worked perfectly!!!

You are my hero bro!