Asus O!Play vs WDTV - which has better audio?

Cieran

Standard Member
Reaction score
I know this comparison between the 2 players has come up a few times now but I would like to know specifically which of them has the best quality audio?

The reason I ask is that I recently purchased a Sumvision Cylone 2+ which I thought was a great little product but unfortuantly I found the sound a bit lacking.

I was thinking of sending it back and getting either the O!play mini or WDTV mini (as i'm on a budget) but I want to make sure I don't make the same mistake again. I should point out that I don't have any fancy HiFi setup which I will run the player through - it's simply going into my TV via the standard RCA inputs.

Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Can you explain in how the sound is lacking ?

It sounds a bit bassy, muddy and undefined. I've ended up using a Fiio heaphone amp to make it sound a bit better when listening with heaphones.

I'm sure if I had a decent AV receiver or home theatre setup I could tweak it and get it to sound better but unfortuantly I don't.

Is this when your down mixing DTS to stereo ?

It's with anything I play - down mixing or not. I've ordered a O!Play which should be arriving tomorrow so I should be able to compare the audio output between the 2.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom