Asus M2N-VM HDMI

craigdavies

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have an ASUS M2N-VM HDMI. with onboard graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 7050PV/nForce 630a. My processor is AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 1MB 2.4MHz Duel Processor.

With the above will I be able to play Blu ray content from my HDD, will I need codecs, this is very new to me so any help will be very much appreciated. I had a short sample it played it but was very very bright almost white?? Also the above motherboard has HDMI out, I assume that goes straight into my Samsung HDTV and can view it on that, done that but the only resolution I can properly view is 1024x768, if I adjust it becomes blurry, do I need to update any drivers, for the board?? Please help...

Hi,
I have the same setup:
Asus m2n-vm hdmi m-board
AMD 64 X2 5600+ cpu
2gb DDR 667mhz ram
LG blu-ray player
but when I have tried to play Blu-Ray discs I get choppy playback/frame drops and a 100% cpu usage, did you find the same? Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

i had same problems, These boards dont alow hardware exceleration so you cpu is left to do all the work.

i tried fitting a G card but my pci express slot was dead, so i ditch the whole board and got a gigbit board

HTH

I am going to go for more memory, 4GB and a new GFX card, not to sure what to go for but, i have been told this will sort out my issues. Anyone no any good cards?? With HDMI out and capable of handling blu ray content

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom