• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ASUS M2A-VM HDMI Motherboard.

Lofty7983

Established Member
Hello all,

Just had one of these fitted to my downstairs desktop. I wondered if anyone else has used these and if they good. Im not well up on the workings of a computer and this is my first with HDMI. I have sky HD and a 360 but never with a pc.

annihilatorx

Standard Member
ASUS should be fine. But what quality are you looking for?
You mean it's already fitted to a desktop, so why would you want to know if it's good? You've already bought it haven't you?

As a HTPC that motherboard has everything it needs.
If you are using its onboard video, if you bought a BluRay drive, you may want to buy a graphic card with BluRay HD264 acceleration, and a HDMI output, otherwise it'd be likely that it'd lag playing HD content.

baron samadi

Established Member
Yes I have one, and like you a high dual core CPU which is a must for Blue ray. I also have the hd audio via analogue output going in to the pre inputs on my amp and the sound is very good with Dolby true Hd and DTS master audio.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom