Quantcast

Asus Laptop - Comet £349

dc8900

Distinguished Member
it was a great buy when it was £399 a few days ago and even better now with fifty quid off, for the spec and reliability you're getting it's a great price but do be aware that it only has a 2.5 hour battery and thus should only really be considered as a space saving computer IMO. Overall, a very good buy :thumbsup:

samgamgee

it was a great buy when it was £399 a few days ago and even better now with fifty quid off, for the spec and reliability you're getting it's a great price but do be aware that it only has a 2.5 hour battery and thus should only really be considered as a space saving computer IMO. Overall, a very good buy :thumbsup:
I'd only really use it in the house anyway, to space save. Rarely take it out.

You think it's got good build quality? Good for running multiple apps and running 1080p files?

Also theres an i5 version for £399, much difference in performance? ( I have a £400 budget)

Buy ASUS X53E-SX1186V | 15.6" LAPTOP - Laptops | Comet

gamingboy

The 3GB, 320GB Asus.

Build quality is good.

Speed and general performance is impressive for the price.

Keyboard layout is good and is the island type with a nice solid press.

HDMI out and USB3.

Screen and sound quality also impressive for the price. Go in store and check it out first.

samgamgee

The 3GB, 320GB Asus.

Build quality is good.

Speed and general performance is impressive for the price.

Keyboard layout is good and is the island type with a nice solid press.

HDMI out and USB3.

Screen and sound quality also impressive for the price. Go in store and check it out first.
Cheers GB

The worry with that one is, less than 4gb when they usually recommend at least 4gb for performance and running multiple apps etc.

The other i5 is the same price and is 6gb and 750gb HD

gamingboy

I bought the Asus before that offer came out and based on the Windows Index score (Doesn't mean everything) of 5.4 I'm more than chuffed. I needed it ASAP.

I went for the Asus as in the shop I liked how it looked, felt during a quick demo. Also based on Asus's reputation. I've had more expensive stuff and it doesn't always equal better. I wasn't sure myself as I kept looking on Dell's website and specced up some nice machines and realised that they were overkill and some members here advised. I knew that I wanted the second gen processors and a few key features like USB3 and HDMI out etc. I can always swap the 1GB stick out for a 2GB.

It spent have a high def screen and blu ray etc, but that's a bit overkill for Facebook and Office.

I don't want you to purchase and not be happy. The best advice that I can give is to try both out. Move the screen, change the viewing angles etc and see what you like. ;-)

I use a Dell Latitude for work at the moment and it feels a lot nicer than that. Also is on a par with the Dell XPS that my brother has and he paid more a little while ago.

I'm just removing some bloatware and creating a restore disk. Also got Office to install and a few updates.

Excuse the Baileys. ;-)

Attachments

Last edited:

Ice_Black

Standard Member
Can ASUS X54H-SX270V handle HD movies?

I can't see a picture of this laptop.. does it come with Webcam and DVDRW drive?

Last edited:

happychappy69

Anyone have any idea if this could run pse10 comfortably - sorry for hijacking the thread

Top Bottom