For Sale Asus GTX 670 DCU II

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by delahmed, Apr 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. delahmed

delahmed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Have upgraded to a 970 so have my 670 for sale.
    Originally bought for £335 from yoyotech in totenham court road when it first came out.
    Have never overclocked it as it plays everything at pretty much max at 1080p @ 60FPS.
    Original package included.
    Want £90 delievered or £85 pickup.
    Can collect from New Addington, Croydon anytime or Euston during working hours.
    If delivered, will send via courier if paid into my bank or paypal as a friend.
    p.s. This card was in my Bitfenix Prodigy in case anyone is wondering if it will fit in a mini-itx case. PC not inlcuded!
    IMG-20160404-WA0008.jpeg IMG-20160404-WA0004.jpeg 20160404_194603.jpg IMG-20160404-WA0001.jpeg

Price and currency: £90
    Delivery: Delivery cost is not included
    Payment method: Paypal
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  2. spoonuk

spoonuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    How long is the card? Google seem to suggest its 10.7"..

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  3. delahmed

delahmed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
  4. spoonuk

spoonuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Thanks. What's your best price for this card collected?

5. delahmed

delahmed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Best deal I can do is £80 cash if you pick up from my house in New Addington, Croydon after 8pm weekdays or anytime weekend.

6. spoonuk

spoonuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    I was thinking of offering £75 collected so not that far off. Let me know if that works for you - can collect as early as tomorrow evening.

7. delahmed

delahmed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Go on then. £75 cash on collection tomorrow. Please agree here and then we can move to PM.

8. spoonuk

spoonuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Thanks. Yep, all good to take the card off you for £75 collected.

Drop me PM please with your details etc.

9. delahmed

delahmed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Moved to PM.

10. spoonuk

spoonuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Card was picked up on Thursday, will test over the weekend and leave you some feedback.

cheers :)

11. spoonuk

spoonuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Hey, I'm having all sorts of problems with the card...

Been toying with Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10 and there is nothing I can do to have the video outputting for more than ~10 seconds before the screen goes black.

Here is a video I have made earlier after cleanly installing Windows 10, setup for Windows literally finished and I'm installing latest NVidia drivers:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1471771/Forums/AVF/Issues with GTX 670/1.mp4

Card appear to work without any drivers installed, as soon as the display driver goes in, bang, black screen. Monitor light stays green so there is some sort of signal going across and Windows is perfectly fine in the background as I can still use mouse/keyboard etc.

Here is another video after "blindly" restarting Windows after drivers got put on:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1471771/Forums/AVF/Issues with GTX 670/2.mp4

Screen stays on for few seconds and it goes black, if I press CTRL+ALT+DEL and hit ESC I get the picture back for few seconds and then it goes black again...

My first installation was Windows 8.1 with Radeon 6870 which worked for months but I have tried cleanly installing Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 - same effect. As soon as the display driver is installed the screen bombs out.

Ideas?

12. delahmed

delahmed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi mate,

Quick google search of "windows 10 nvidia drivers needed" and i found this article at position 3
    Windows 10: How to fix Nvidia driver issues after upgrade

My first instincts after watching both videos were: -
    1. What connector are you using? HDMI? If so can can you swap to a different HDMI just to rule out the cable?
    2. Anything in the event logs?
    3. Is your iGPU enabled or not?
    4. Apologize if this seems stupid to ask, but can you check that you have plugged cable into 670 and not motherboard HDMI port?

If you cant get it working, happy for you to return the card for full refund and a cup of tea for your efforts.

Have messaged you on Whatsapp and SMS too, so check your messages.

Intrigued as I never saw that before.

If anyone else has, feel free to chime in.

13. 777sevy

777sevy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    That latest Nvidia 164.72 driver update is unstable as hell. Go to your Windows device manager and go into the properties, then drivers tab of your installed 670 GPU, and either roll back the driver to an earlier version or uninstall it completely. You can then try installing an earlier, stable, Nvidia driver version. This one has been pretty stable for me:
    http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windo...n8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/358.91/358.91-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

Download and install whichever is suitable for the operating system you are running.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  14. delahmed

delahmed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Just seen this on youtube
    How to fix windows 10 Freezing, BSOD, Black...

I just checked my fresh win 10 install and it was set to "Moderate power savings". Ive never touched these settings for 670 or 970. Might be worth changing it to "Off".
    Also FYI, I had the latest win 10 drivers installed and Nvidia drivers for my 670 and never saw this issue. So never saw an unstable nvidia driver.

If you are still having issues, i would do the following.
    Physically remove 670
    plug cable back into iGPU
    clean install win 10
    install all win 10 updates
    once happy that display is stable, create system restore point.
    shut down
    physically install 670
    change cable from iGPU back to 670
    Start in safe mode
    search for windows updates and it should install latest nvidia driver
    test gpu in safe mode without restarting and see if you still get the issue.

Report back here with your results please.

Also might be worth posting your specs of PC, monitor, what hertz you are running on your monitor, resolution, how you connect PC to monitor, and what happens if you plug your PC into your TV or another monitior (doubt this will make any difference) as it seems like a driver conflict to me.

15. spoonuk

spoonuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    To answer your questions:

1) Tried either of the DVI connectors as well as DP to DVI adapter and HDMI on my telly, same effect on each output.
    2) Noting interesting apart from display driver crashing but you can sort of expect that given the screen was going black and recovering after pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL key combination
    3) Motherboard doesn't have built-in iGPU so no.
    4) Same as above really, only HDMI out is on the 670

Same story on the 358.91 driver :(

Changing "Moderate power savings" to off yields results that are no different to having it on auto setting. I have also tried to mess with the build in audio on the motherboard and to install just the display drivers i.e. not HDMI audio or any of the 3D stuff. Same results.

Installing Windows 10 from scratch doesn't do anything to fix the problem, Windows runs perfectly fine until the point where the display driver goes in. Funny thing is that I can still get to the my machine using remote desktop etc. so the GPU appears to be running but not displaying anything via any of the outputs. One things I have not tried w as to get the 670 working in the safe mode as in install the driver and see if the screen goes black.

Like I said earlier I had 6870 running in my machine so every component is definitely working as expected - only addition was the 670. Monitor is fairly standard BenQ 24", 1080p - nothing special here. TV output is behaving same as DVI or DP output - screen goes black.

This is really bizarre to be honest as the GPU appears to be working OK but not displaying the image as soon as the drivers are installed.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  16. delahmed

delahmed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Refund complete. Still up for sale if anyone is interested.