1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus A7V8X Motherboards

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by pcpaz, Mar 6, 2003.

1. pcpaz

pcpaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have any experience of connecting the supplied s/pdif module to this motherboard. The module has a coaxial s/pdif in & out.

Does this mean that the onboard sound will channel sound through the s/pdif out directly to a av receiver or do I need to do futher configuration on the sound settings??:confused:

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    On the supplied software disc is an audio driver. Load it onto your pc and then go into the prog. In it you'll find a variety of options to configure your speakers and audio output.

I had a GA-7VAXP and that's how it works on that.

3. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I've got the A7V8X in my desktop and its predecessor the A7V333 in my HTPC, both have onboard 6 channel sound using the Cmedia chipset drivers. I'm using the spdif mobo cable to coaxial in and out that came with the A7V8X with the A7V333 to feed DD and DTS as well as windows sounds etc to my amp.

So although I haven't actually tried it with the A7V8X I'm positive it will work okay.

4. pcpaz

pcpaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info guys.

I have connected the supplied s/pdif module to the m/board, is there anything else to do to enable the s/pdif out channel. I guess there possibly is as when I go to volume control the S/pdif volume slider bar is greyed out at about 75%. Also via Control Panel > Sound Effects Manager, on the S/pdif tab it shows the stauts 'UNLOCK' and smapling rate as ' - '. I guess this is not right??

I haven't connected to my AV receiver yet as I haven't got it yet, but I just want to get everything ready before it comes.

What have I missed??:confused:

5. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    There a extra volume control thats installed by the cmedia driver, it short show in the sys tray, if you click on that then I think advaced or toolbox theres a check box to enable spdif but you might also have to make sure your in 2 channel or headphone mode.