Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Asus A7N8X-VM-400 - s-video out / tvout, any good?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by nathsea, May 13, 2005.

1. nathsea

nathsea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi all,

I have just found this motherboard Asus A7N8X-VM-400 on scans website and it comes with s-video out and tv-out, has anybody used one of these in a mce setup and is it any good, will the graphics be compatible with mce?

I need a uATX motherboard and cannot use a graphics card, for my new mce box so it has to be onboard graphics etc, any other suggestions, must have s-video or even better rgb out

Nathan

2. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not had any experience of that board, but have used their P4R800VM board (Socket 478 Radeon 9200/tvout) before which is OK.

Other alternatives:-
    EQS45P8-MLF - this is a Socket 478 board and has onboard radeon 9200 with TV-out (S-video and composite) on a header cable; it's also fully loaded so has firewire too (a rarity in mATX boards)
    http://www.eqscomputers.com/products/mobo/motherboard.php?model=M45P8-MLF

EQS56K9-MLF - this is a AMD Socket 939 board with an ATI X300 onboard (PCIExpress), this too is fully loaded and comes with TV-out on a header.
    http://www.eqscomputers.com/products/mobo/motherboard.php?model=M56K9-MLF

There's a Socket 775 PCI express version out soon (3weeks) also

Asus boards with TV-out again have TV-out to a header cable - this isn't included in the box (non- of the ones I've bought anyway) and I can't source any of these anywhere (and I've tried hard). The EQS boards do have the header in the box.