Astroneer

Tried again same response. In all honesty, I've got better things to do than waste any more time on Microsoft. With a 7 month old baby my free time is like gold dust so I'm not wasting any more on MS support. I'd rather write it off and stick to steam. It's not like I get a lot of gaming time these days anyway.

Tried again same response. In all honesty, I've got better things to do than waste any more time on Microsoft. With a 7 month old baby my free time is like gold dust so I'm not wasting any more on MS support. I'd rather write it off and stick to steam. It's not like I get a lot of gaming time these days anyway.

Well you may as well just wait until a patch makes it playable for you now you can't get the money back. Seems odd as I've heard others having no problem doing so. Sure it's not a unstable over clock pushing it over the edge?

I've never overclocked a pc. I wouldn't know how to or have the time to do it. I'm a plug and play man :)

Anyway, not the end of the world. You live and learn. Their stance of both occasions was "it doesn't have to work because it is game preview programme". I appreciate it having bugs and problems but not even loading is a bit much.

Oh well, moving on.......... :)

I've never overclocked a pc. I wouldn't know how to or have the time to do it. I'm a plug and play man :)

Anyway, not the end of the world. You live and learn. Their stance of both occasions was "it doesn't have to work because it is game preview programme". I appreciate it having bugs and problems but not even loading is a bit much.

Oh well, moving on.......... :)

This is the risk with early access. Heck, the steam version might have done the same thing for you which is why I don't buy early access. The way I see it, I wouldn't buy half a sandwich when I was starving.

True but the big difference is you are guaranteed a refund on Steam.

I don't disagree with you on the early access stuff but I've also had some great games too. Rust is one of my favourite games and has been absolutely brilliant throughout early access. Same with Dayz standalone and that has plenty of bugs (but it's still generally playable ).

Really enjoying this, it is very relaxing to play and the patch earlier today seems to have addressed a fair few performance issues too. I haven't had any more crashes since either and I can't wait to see how they expand upon what is already there.

It may not be everyone's bag, but there is something about it that really captures the imagination, far more so than No Man's Sky did for me. The tools the devs currently have in place hint at what could be an enormous sandbox offering huge diverse adventures, along with the addition of multiplayer (which I've yet to try).

The low 'Early Access' price point of £15 was well worth the punt, considering the potential.

True but the big difference is you are guaranteed a refund on Steam.

I don't disagree with you on the early access stuff but I've also had some great games too. Rust is one of my favourite games and has been absolutely brilliant throughout early access. Same with Dayz standalone and that has plenty of bugs (but it's still generally playable ).

Any improvement after the patch (which I'm guessing is on Windows Store now)?

Really enjoying this, it is very relaxing to play and the patch earlier today seems to have addressed a fair few performance issues too. I haven't had any more crashes since either and I can't wait to see how they expand upon what is already there.

It may not be everyone's bag, but there is something about it that really captures the imagination, far more so than No Man's Sky did for me. The tools the devs currently have in place hint at what could be an enormous sandbox offering huge diverse adventures, along with the addition of multiplayer (which I've yet to try).

The low 'Early Access' price point of £15 was well worth the punt, considering the potential.

it is though, isn't it?

I've played a few hours of it so far, and while it's still very much in its infancy, with the obvious limitations as to what you can do, it's still a nice little game to have a potter around on.

for a studio of 5 people, I think it's amazing what they have achieved so far.

as a rule, I don't normally buy into early releases (in the last couple of years, the exception to the rule being this and planet coaster), but I haven't regretted it at all.

the only issue I have encountered so far, is falling through the terrain to my death while using the terrain tool to raise the ground I was standing on.

everything else seems to be ok so far (touch wood)

Any improvement after the patch (which I'm guessing is on Windows Store now)?
No still won't load but I realised last night that it's a play anywhere title so I tried it on the xb1. Didn't realise what play anywhere meant when I bought it.

It works okay on xb1.

Incredibly dull game right now though. Not worth anything like £15. In contrast I bought rust for £7 which was far better even back then. Osiris New Dawn is the same price as Astroneer and a similar concept but far far more content and gameplay elements.

That's the chance got take though and I'll accept that this will be an investment for the distant future. Personally I would recommend if you are into this type of game, checking out Osiris for now as you get a lot more for your money and that's in early access too or even Empyrion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, looks like I'll be refunding this.
Not because I don't like the game. It's lovely with lots of potential. But I made the rookie error of forgetting the imminence of the steam sale which has led me to thinking my £15 will be better put to use else where.
I will be keeping an eye on it though.

No still won't load but I realised last night that it's a play anywhere title so I tried it on the xb1. Didn't realise what play anywhere meant when I bought it.

It works okay on xb1.

Incredibly dull game right now though. Not worth anything like £15. In contrast I bought rust for £7 which was far better even back then. Osiris New Dawn is the same price as Astroneer and a similar concept but far far more content and gameplay elements.

That's the chance got take though and I'll accept that this will be an investment for the distant future. Personally I would recommend if you are into this type of game, checking out Osiris for now as you get a lot more for your money and that's in early access too or even Empyrion.

Do other windows store titles work? Might be a windows 10 spyware blocking program causing issues? Fair enough, at least that's one route you can go in the mean time.

Do other windows store titles work? Might be a windows 10 spyware blocking program causing issues? Fair enough, at least that's one route you can go in the mean time.
Could be a possibily in some way, i had to remove avast to get horizon 3 to load as after some digging found that to cause issues. Even in exceptions it just would not load with that installed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom