• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Astro Mixamp 5.8 With ATH-A900 or ATH-AD700??

sambrincat

Standard Member
Look at buying my first decent headphones. I am going to buy the Astro Mixamp 5.8 Guaranteed. But i am hearing fantastic reviews on the AD700's. I actually would like a closed style headphones to keep noise in to not wake up my wife in bed so...... thinking about the A900's or the even the A700's. (these are both closed back)

I would like to use them for mainly gaming FPS. but would also like them to be great with stereo music, movies and even pluging into my acoustic guitar. I would like a large sound stage for the precision FPS and enjoy quality and bass.

Any thoughts anyone?

davejames

Also bass & the ATH-AD700's dont go together either, when somebody says they like bass its always hard to tell exactly how much bass as some out there consider anything that doesnt rattle the headphones as weak bass :rolleyes: but in general the ATH-AD700's are not stunning bass performers, but they are not also as weak as some say they are.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom