Astro Bot Rescue Mission - 2018

I have Astro Bot, if you have not got it and see it cheap due to Black Friday. I would say it get it. Played a lot of VR games and this one surprised me in how fun it is and addictive.

If you ever liked platform games or mario this is quite like it in VR and its graphics are surprisingly good too.

Wow, bought this today having played the mini games in the Playroom and reading reviews, and wow, what a fabulous game!!
As others have said, it looks sumptuous, and has made me smile and laugh out loud repeatedly!

I've even bumped my head looking around too far as my gaming setup is quite close to a wall and I also head-butted my steering wheel! :rotfl:

Only done a couple of levels and had to stop as I have a crick in my neck and all the looking around isn't helping it!

What a beautifully designed game, and can't wait to play more! A must have for any VR owners! :thumbsup:

Wow, bought this today having played the mini games in the Playroom and reading reviews, and wow, what a fabulous game!!
As others have said, it looks sumptuous, and has made me smile and laugh out loud repeatedly!

I've even bumped my head looking around too far as my gaming setup is quite close to a wall and I also head-butted my steering wheel! :rotfl:

Only done a couple of levels and had to stop as I have a crick in my neck and all the looking around isn't helping it!

What a beautifully designed game, and can't wait to play more! A must have for any VR owners! :thumbsup:

Totally agree, a definite must have for psvr owners. I'm not even a big fan of platform games but Astro Bot is just beautiful to play. I find myself talking & waving to the little bots that are rescued & jump into the controller. VR seems to have the ability to make grown men do strange things :laugh:

Love this game - actually first PSVR game I've played through to completion :)
Just one thing - its the only one I've seen what I'd call a corrupted picture on my TV. See attachment. I've tried different HDMI leads and different inputs on my TV and no difference.
Note I've never seen this with any other game, PSVR or not. And I've tried the same input and HDMI leads with Xbox one and no issue there.

This effect usually kicks in after about 5 minutes of play. The image in the headset is not affected at all but it makes for a less engaging spectator sport :)

Note that if the headset is taken off then the screen is not corrupted telling you to put it back on but the PS4 home menu if you hit the PS button and the Astro Bot pause menu if you hit the 'start' button are both also corrupted.

8FD96C90-F64A-4CEE-B154-A00FA1A82820.JPG

I still need to "complete" Astrobot.. Found it quite easy, so allowed myself a few levels at each sitting.. But then stopped at world 3 mainly because I was enjoying it so much, I didn't want to finish it too quickly. Over Christmas I decided it was time to finish it so played a few time and got to the final boss
(Big shark, waves and lines of red squid)

But I got stuck/frustrated and after a few goes gave up.. I would still like to finish it and don't believe that this level is going to be particularly hard.. But I am obviously missing something..

Does anyone have any tips?

Jon

Last edited:
I still need to "complete" Astrobot.. Found it quite easy, so allowed myself a few levels at each sitting.. But then stopped at world 3 mainly because I was enjoying it so much, I didn't want to finish it too quickly. Over Christmas I decided it was time to finish it so played a few time and got to the final boss.

But I got stuck/frustrated and after a few goes gave up.. I would still like to finish it and don't believe that this level is going to be particularly hard.. But I am obviously missing something..

Does anyone have any tips?

Jon

Might want to spoiler that bit about the final boss...

Last edited:
Really? I kept it deliberatly vague as i didnt think i was giving anything away. But i will fix it just in case.

I’m sort of the same as you. Not played it for a while and been meaning to go back and finish it. Not done the final level or boss and had no idea what to expect.

The shark is not the final boss .... the final boss is amazing !!

Been getting stuck into this properly the last week or so & am now on the shark boss on world 5. I'm not a platform game fan but this game just sucks you right in & definitely has that 'one more go' appeal. I know God of war won game of the year 2018 but i really hope the developers of Astrobot have got some industry recognition as they've done an absolutely brilliant job with this game, The variety of levels is superb, use of the dualshock is fun & innovative, the little set pieces in each level are awesome, it's just a beautiful game that has made a 45 year old man feel like a child again! I've practically had a perma grin on my face all the way through. Really hoping they make an Astrobot 2 or offer up some DLC at some point, either will be an instant purchase!

P.s. Is anybody else particularly impressed with how good they've made the water look in this game? Got me hankering for a subnautica type experience in vr!

Only jumped into the world of vr today but must admit, that as a middle aged man, Astro Bot has blown my mind . Have only played through the first world but what a beautifully thought out platformer and a showpiece as to what vr is capable of.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom