Question Astro a50 ps5/xsx advice

Raphmik

Novice Member
Reaction score
First off.
Sorry if asked before please provide a link if possible.
As we all know next gen provides no optical port,
So right now I have an optical coming out of the base of my gen 3 and going into the TV. But I want to know that I have the correct setup.
List of items.

Oled b7 TV
Astro a50 gen 3 xbox (upto date)
Ps5
XSX(Xbox series x).

Menu setups
OLED B7:
smart mode - on
internal TV + Optical - PCM

PS5:
Output - HDMI (TV)
HDMI device - TV
Audio format (Priority) - bitstream DTS

XSX:
HDMI audio - bitstream out
Bitstream format - DTS
Headset format - stereo uncompressed

Astro gen 3 base:
Dolby - on

Any advice would be helpful and any questions to help I will answer.
Thank you for your time and have a happy holiday.

Maybe this would have gotten more attentions in either the PS5 or Xbox section ?
Maybe but we don’t encourage posting the same thing in two forums and those two are separate. They are. They are in same forum area as this general chat forum so shouldn’t make much difference.....

@Raphmik - I suggest the issue may be that the question isn’t that clear. Do you get sound from all the connected devices? If yes it isn’t easy for us to say the connections are right/wrong.

What is the issue? Try to narrow it down as it is currently very wide, deals with too many devices of different specific makes and models, and isn’t clear which device the issue (or issues) are related to.

@outoftheknow
Sorry for the confusion, I'm basically wanting to know if my setup is correct, so I know I'm having the correct sound coming out into my headset.

The headset only attached to the XSX? That is set to be sent uncompressed stereo it seems - which is PCM 2 channel and the base mandatory audio of the HDMI standard.....

So again - what headset and what do you receive from it, and more importantly what are you getting now?

most of the connections you mention are for audio to come from or go to other devices?

@outoftheknow A astro a50 headset and gen 3 (base), the base has an optical cable going into the TV. I'm getting PCM audio output from the TV.
Xsx and ps5 are both hdmi going into the TV.

My settings for all devices are mentioned in my original post

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom