• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Astral Chain

Foster

Distinguished Member
Looks awesome!

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
The Treehouse Live segment goes into a lot of detail on the gameplay, well worth a watch if you're even remotely interested in this game. Character creation options, driving/shooting and investigation gameplay to switch things up from the fighting sections. It's shaping up to be one of the best looking action games on Switch.

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Only 10 days till the release of this, cant believe there’s not more chat on here about this game.
From the previews I’ve read it doesn’t look to be a typical platinum games product, it’s slower paced than bayonetta and some say more in the wonderful 101 vain...

Whatever it is, the game looks great, I’d quite like a slower pace to bayonetta and if the story, gameplay etc is good then definitely one to pick up methinks :)

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
Yeah I thought there would be a bit more buzz surrounding this. It looks great, certainly one of the most exciting looking new IPs for the Switch. I would pick it up on day one, but my first nipper is due on the 28th so I'll probably have to wait a while :laugh:

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Yeah I thought there would be a bit more buzz surrounding this. It looks great, certainly one of the most exciting looking new IPs for the Switch. I would pick it up on day one, but my first nipper is due on the 28th so I'll probably have to wait a while :laugh:

Ohh difficult one mate new baby or new game...haha only kidding, I’ve got three of the buggers myself youngest is 18 months, tell you what playing games is a great distraction to all that crying :)

Massive congrats on the new and first arrival mate, your life will never be the same again...best wishes to you and the fam, if it’s a girl you should name her Astral... ;)

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
My 6m old doesn't let me play my switch without trying to press everything. It's almost cute, but mostly annoying that she evidently tries to steal it for herself.

IamMarcoos

Prominent Member
*checks this isn’t mumsnet*

I really want to get this. But going to wait, pile of shame needs reducing. Might also see how the price does.

reprahm

Prominent Member
I pre ordered this when the gamecollection were doing a 20% off deal a while back. Really looking forward to it despite never playing anything by platinum games before.

reprahm

Prominent Member
Got this pre-ordered at £35 and will arrive Friday but need to try and finish Fire Emblem first :eek:
My aim was to finish fire emblem before this came out. I finished it a couple of days ago but then started new game plus straight away with a new house so not sure if I'll get to start this straight away now :facepalm:

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
Really looking forward to it despite never playing anything by platinum games before.

You're in for a treat if it's anything like their other games. They're the kings at fast-paced, complex combat systems. If you like it check out Bayonetta 1&2 on Switch (and Vanquish if you have a 360 or PS3).

reprahm

Prominent Member
You're in for a treat if it's anything like their other games. They're the kings at fast-paced, complex combat systems. If you like it check out Bayonetta 1&2 on Switch (and Vanquish if you have a 360 or PS3).
I don't know why ive never played any platinum games before, I've always been tempted by bayo, vanquish and even the wonderful 101 but always talked myself out of picking them up as they looked a bit too fast and difficult...

I'll definitely be giving astral chain a go so if I like it I might go back and finally try some of their older games.

BlueOrange25

Distinguished Member
Nice to see it's getting some decent reviews.

"Astral Chain's action is some of the very finest I've come across, all delivered with a seamless quality that often leaves you breathless."
Eurogamer - Essential

"Astral Chain's shortcomings don't overshadow what it does best. It's an incredible execution of a fresh take on Platinum Games' foundation, standing among the stylish-action greats."
Gamespot 8/10

"The duo of human and machine conduct a symphony of action awesomeness."
IGN 9/10

"While Astral Chain features all the complexity and density of a PlatinumGames creation, it retains Nintendo’s knack for accessibility."
Polygon - Recommends

"one of the best action-RPGs I've played in a long time. It's an evolution of Nier: Automata's best ideas about action design"
USgamer 4/5

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom