Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Astra steering wheel volume control

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Juanita, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Juanita

Juanita

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought an Astra and I want to replace the head unit with a front loading CD player. What kind of adaptor will I need to use the steering wheel volume controls with it? If I just stick the head unit in will it work or will it need some kind of adaptor even if I don't want to use the steering wheel controls?

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
  3. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    I have an Astra MK4. I also changed the (crap) head unit for one I bought elsewhere. You can use any head unit fine without worrying about the Astra's own controls/screen. The screen above the radio will just display time and temp, so you have to use the CD players own screen. The steering wheel controls also don't work.

As Andrew says, you need an adapter to make them all work together, but it isn't essential either.