Astra 4K UHD Demo

Apollo11

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know what happened to the Astra 4K demo channel -I had this on my Sony tv channel 743 but that has been changed to a so called uhd demo for fashion tv etc and the quality isn't even as good as bbc HD :(

Not sure which satellite you are on but check out the Flysat or Langsat or Kingofsat websites for all the latest changes to satellite broadcasts

I done a retune the other day (Astra 28.2) and there are still 2 UHD demos, but as you say, the good one has gone now. (Featuring Betzdorf Sat uplink station & skateboarding etc)

The other one features lightbulbs exploding and other various short loops.

It's not very good either. I agree the TV channels demo is a very poor replacement.

Pity, as the old demo was very good quality wise.

It'll maybe make a comeback sometime.

Last edited:
Not sure which satellite you are on but check out the Flysat or Langsat or Kingofsat websites for all the latest changes to satellite broadcasts
Not sure how to change satelite but thanks for the reply.

I done a retune the other day (Astra 28.2) and there are still 2 UHD demos, but as you say, the good one has gone now. (Featuring Betzdorf Sat uplink station & skateboarding etc)

The other one features lightbulbs exploding and other various short loops.

It's not very good either. I agree the TV channels demo is a very poor replacement.

Pity, as the old demo was very good quality wise.

It'll maybe make a comeback sometime.

Such a shame as the quality of the replacement is dire :(

I'm attempting to retune and has taken 40 minutes and is only 4% - will take several hours to do the whole thing - time for a new tv I think!

Yes Apollo11, it's not exactly a speedy experience retuning satellite. Yawn! :rolleyes:
I don't remember it taking this long last time but maybe the firmware updates have made it worse.. If I'd just left it alone in the 1st place... :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom