Astra 2E

cheesebutty

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi. Apologies if this has been covered. I'm a newbie to satellite TV. I found a Fortec Star Passion+ box in my late parents' stuff & decided to buy a dish & hook it up. The dish is a .8m one with a Labgear VK2L LNB. I used a signal meter to point the dish, on which the signal is now 100% strength & 80% quality, according to the Fortec Star TV interface. The ASTRA 2E parameters were entered by me, but all I get is a few versions of Channel 4, amounting to about 12 channels. If I choose to receive the ASTRA 2A sat, then I get about 400 channels, but the channels I'm interested in are not amongst them! I wanted the 'Freesat' suite of channels which should look like the terrestrial DTV ones. I don't mind saying I'm confused. Thanks in advance. I'll check in a couple of days!

The UK channels are on Astra E F G at 28.2 E degrees. They're all listed at sites such as Lyngsat and Kingofsat.

80% quality suggests to me dish it's not pointed correctly: Aim is for 100%.

LNB skew is likely off so allowing cross-interference between H and V channels?

Likely it's not looking at all the correct transponder frequencies now in use for free to air satellite TV and the databases used have not been updated? Manual additions may therefore be required using data from sites suggested already.

Note the channels will be numbered as they are found and have no logical numbering system as per freesat/$ky/Freeview. Channel line up is not identical either. There will be 'duplication' due to regional advertising etc.,. (hence the multiple C4 SDs you found).

Buy a proper freesat box if you want an easier life? ;)

AIUI the Fortec boxes were not "the best" are now over 12 years old and out of manufacturer support.

The proper freesat box is the answer!

Does the box have blind scan? If so use it and it will update the data base.

Thank you all for prompt replies! Rodders53: 'cross-interference between H and V channels?' I can see I need to do some more research! Winston2010: no blind scan as far as I can tell. Logiciel [& all]: future-proofing from Fortec? In hindsight, appalling! Maybe I should save up for a reasonable box - any recommendations? Regards.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom