Quantcast

Astra 19.2 and 28.5 - need help for correct set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenDundee

Standard Member
Hi there,

I would like to watch Sky and German TV and already have a Sky HD twin-receiver with subscription + a Smart CX04 HD receiver. I've also installed a 85cm Gibertini dish with two LNBs (one standard Sky quad-LNB + an Inverto Black Premium LNB) and get good signals from both when testing with a satellite finder + receiver. At the moment I have two cables running from the Quad-LNB into the Sky receiver and one separate cable running from the single LNB into the other receiver. I can watch all channels on SKy, but whenever the HD receiver for Astra 19.2 is switched on I can't get the Sky channels (i.e. Sky One, Sky Sports etc.). Also, I can only receive Spanish channels + CNN and a few other, non-German channels from the single LNB, even when the Sky receiver is switched off completely (no power). According to the Astra website, these channels are definitely coming from the satellites on 19.2.
As you can tell, I am no expert when it comes to setting up such a system and I am sure that something is missing here (do I need a Diseqc switch or something else, or is this set-up just not possible?).
I have already tried a number of things, but no luck. According to Astra I should have no problem with receiving German TV channels on Astra 19.2 up here in Dundee.
Also, I am renting the place here so can't set up another, separate dish.
I would appreciate some guidance on what I need to do here, so many thanks in advance for your expert advice.

Ben

logiciel

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Neither of the two receivers should affect the other in any way.
However it appears that you do not have an LNB correctly aligned for 19 East.
Indications from meters may not be reliable, and they may not specify which satellite is aligned.
This may give you a better indication of the channels that you should receive:
Astra 1H / Astra 1KR / Astra 1L / Astra 1M / Astra 2B / Astra 2C (19.2°E) - All transmissions - frequencies
The dish is more than adequate for the two satellite positions, and it doesn't need a switch or anything else.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Neither of the two receivers should affect the other in any way.
However it appears that you do not have an LNB correctly aligned for 19 East.
Indications from meters may not be reliable, and they may not specify which satellite is aligned.
This may give you a better indication of the channels that you should receive:
Astra 1H / Astra 1KR / Astra 1L / Astra 1M / Astra 2B / Astra 2C (19.2°E) - All transmissions - frequencies
The dish is more than adequate for the two satellite positions, and it doesn't need a switch or anything else.
Got to echo the above. Sounds like you are not on the right channel.
I would say the easiest way to find out is find a free to air channel from 19.2e from kingofsat (Rtl probably a good one) and scan the frequency on your sat box. Then tune into it and see which channel it is. If you report which channel it shows as we can probably help to find out which satellite your have your lnb setup for

logiciel

It sounds like it's trying to scan for one satellite and finding a few channels with the same frequencies from another.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
It sounds like it's trying to scan for one satellite and finding a few channels with the same frequencies from another.
I know. But if he scans a frequency for a channel but it shows different, then we should be able to tell which satellite he's on off the channel name

logiciel

We continue to be in agreement;) and your recommendation should find it - if OP knows how.:)

BenDundee

Standard Member
Logiciel and Delvey, thanks a lot for your quick replies which told me that something must have been faulty. As it turns out, the LNB wasn't quite right and the new one I bought this afternoon is picking up the satellites on 19.2. No issues anymore and just in time to watch Bayern win 6:1. :)

logiciel

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom