Asthma in adults

DevonMike

Established Member
Reaction score
In the early 90s I was told I had asthma and was prescribed inhalers to combat it,after several years I just stopped using my inhalers,moved around the country and basically never saw a Dr regarding it so I never thought another thing about it.The last few years,especially around this time of year with tree pollen starting to appear etc I have been getting a lot of bad chests culminating in this week visiting the drs thinking I had a chest infection as when lying down I thought I could hear my chest rattling,he listened to me chest,said it was clear and said he suspected I might have allergic asthma he then booked me in for next week to measure my breathing function.Im glad that my continuous chest problems may finally being sorted out but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced being diagnosed with asthma ias a adult.

I wasn’t diagnosed as an adult, but at 37 I still suffer with the asthma that was diagnosed in my early teens. I also suffer more at this time of year, but the inhalers do help.

In my late 40s I was diagnosed with exercise induced asthma, weird thou it sounds. I was prescribed an inhaler which I take a couple of puffs before heading out for a cycle and all is good.

It also is more noticeable at this time of year

Thanks for the replies,I had my spirometry test today to test lung function and the alarm bells started ringing when the nurse told me that the inhaler didn't improve things,I then saw my GP who said it wouldn't as my lung function is normal and quite good infact.I had a X ray that confirmed I have a chest infection possibly bacterial due to tthe time of year doc prescribed some anti biotics and a follow up x-ray in a month to make sure the infection had cleared up due to it being abnormal.
Bloody hell....if only I could stop googling stuff.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom