Astell & Kern SE180 Portable Audio Player Review & Comments

Portable Audio Player​

They are still a thing?! :eek:

Portable Audio Player​

They are still a thing?! :eek:

They sure are!
There are people that go down the route of a portable headphone amp and DAC and connect their phones via USB and then there are people that go down the route of an "all in one".

Whilst not everyone sees the value, the HiFi lover "on the go" certainly finds themselves with the A&K devices.

The SR25 are due to be replaced soon, so you can pick them up for around £500-550. It's a good intro to a DAP. The SE180 and SE200 are superb pieces of equipment however.

I had the SE200, and whilst it was good, the OS makes it difficult to use.

I’m now using the DX312 and it’s leaps and bounds more functional, and also sounds amazing!

They sure are!
There are people that go down the route of a portable headphone amp and DAC and connect their phones via USB and then there are people that go down the route of an "all in one".

Whilst not everyone sees the value, the HiFi lover "on the go" certainly finds themselves with the A&K devices.

The SR25 are due to be replaced soon, so you can pick them up for around £500-550. It's a good intro to a DAP. The SE180 and SE200 are superb pieces of equipment however.
As usual when it comes to the comments section i am late, but yes your right the SR25 MK II id due for release soon and i may buy it if it gets good reviews which will probably be likely.
The higher end models are out of my price range unfortunately.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom