Assistance with Sonos living room design

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Jamie Darani, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Jamie Darani

Jamie Darani
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, long time reader, first time poster,

I am currently in the process of gutting the entire house and starting from scratch, as part of the re-construction I am placing Sonos in every room. All rooms in the house have 2 x Bose Virtually Invisible 791 in the ceiling connected to one Connect AMP per room. Every electrical socket in the house has multiple Cat6 outlets going back to a gigabit switch so all Sonos equipment will be on a wired network.

I am now in the process of designing the living room and would like some advice.

I would like to use the Sonos Playbar and that will be mounted beneath the TV, what I am not too sure on handling is the surrounds.

I have two options
    • 2 x Bose Virtually Invisible 791 in the ceiling above the corner sofa, again connected via a Connect AMP (I can position these very close to the exterior perimeter of the room so they would actually be ever so slightly behind the corner sofa)

[​IMG]

• 2 x Sonos One's on stands, one in the corner of the room and the other to the side of the sofa

[​IMG]

I will also be installing a Sonos Sub and would love to hear your recommendations for positioning it, should I mount it to the wall or leave it on the floor? If it makes any difference the floor will be carpeted.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Ceilings are already removed and I can shop out anywhere in the walls to run cables for optimal positioning.

Thanks
    Jamie.

Attached Files:

2. dracthelad

dracthelad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    As I see it the best location for surrounds is at ear level, so the Sonos 1’s probably best if you have the option. Not sure on the sub, sorry. Maybe ask on the sub forum?

Looks like a good project though.